Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
1.4.0 layouts update, pagination issue & new toolbar.phtml

makotokoganicom

Total Posts:  26

I tried everything that is written here in this thread but nothing changes.

take a look at my site.
http://www.nicom.com.br/material-basico.html

Pagination doesn´t show up at all after doing minor upgrade.

Can anyone help please!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

divas

Total Posts:  3

makotokoganicom - 13 September 2010 09:16 AM

I tried everything that is written here in this thread but nothing changes.

take a look at my site.
http://www.nicom.com.br/material-basico.html

Pagination doesn´t show up at all after doing minor upgrade.

Can anyone help please!!

can you tell me please how did you fix your problem , ty

Magento Community
Magento Community

yvonnejoey

Total Posts:  11

anyone has soloution?

plse help.thanks so much

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kayz

Total Posts:  6

mig500 - 27 April 2010 04:30 AM

Fast solution

http://www.brightyoursite.com/blog/2010/03/06/invalid-argument-supplied-for-foreach-…-toolbar-phtml/

“After post this article , i got same error on shop by brand page , after try many times test , i find a another way : open

/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php

if you see

class Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List_Toolbar extends Mage_Core_Block_Template

just change it to

class Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List_Toolbar extends Mage_Page_Block_Html_Pager

then update the file . Refresh the page then it work .Hope this can help you !!! Happy reading !!!”

Thank you very much. For two whole days i have been searching for an answer but it did not work. This is the best fix and works great. My pagination stopped working and this was the best and fastest and easiest solution!!

Thank you!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

This is a bit off topic, yet still a toolbar/pager error. We are wondering if any of you have also run into this problem.

We have run into another problem in 1.4.1.1 with the catalog search and the advanced search.

In catalog search, the results of a particular term produced 212 results. The catalog search result page proceeds to display all 212 results. Pagination is set to 24 items per page and the drop-down does display allowing selection of different numbers of results per page although these are ignored in the results.

The toolbar shows “Items1 to 212 of 212” on page 1. The toolbar does show multiple pages (1 2 3 4 5). If a person is to click on page 2, the resulting page still shows all 212 items again, but the toolbar now shows “Items 25 to 236 of 212”. Page 3 will result in “Items 49 to 260 of 212” showing all 212 results on the page and so on.

No matter what page you select, you will load and display all 212 results and the toolbar continues to increase incorrectly in the Items count.

I have checked and we are using all original 1.4.1.1 files in /app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch folder, /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php, and /app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Pager.php

The same toolbar.phtml is called in the catalog.xml and catalogsearch.xml
<block type="catalog/product_list_toolbar" name="product_list_toolbar" template="catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml">
<block type="page/html_pager" name="product_list_toolbar_pager"/>

Interestingly, we have no problem with the toolbar/pager in the category product views. Therefore, I surmise the problem to be somewhere in the Catalogsearch functions.

We disabled our custom toolbar.phtml file and tried base/default. This changed nothing.

We have not altered any Catalog or Page/Html core files either that would affect this.

I also compared and even tried replacing the 1.4.1.1 /app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch folder, /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php file, and the /app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Pager.php file with versions 1.3.2..4, 1.4.0.1, and 1.4.2.0 AND none of these corrected the issue.

Anybody have any idea what would be causing this and how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jadejayashraj

Total Posts:  1

thanks Kayz… your solution worked fine for me.... thank you..  gringrin

Magento Community
Magento Community

justJustin

Total Posts:  2

Thanks rexcel. Many Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iclicknetwork

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

Please check this extension, i think it have enough feature for your requirements about pagination related, it have some toolbar template i think fit with your magento layout

Magento Pagination

Thank you,
Tuan

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

@Christian,

It’s been a while, but I believe I added the following code in catalogsearch.xml toward the end of the file after the <catalogsearch_advanced_result translate="label"> starting around line 105.

Change the following:

<block type="catalogsearch/advanced_result" name="catalogsearch_advanced_result" template="catalogsearch/advanced/result.phtml">
                <
block type="catalog/product_list" name="search_result_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">

And add the following two lines:

<block type="catalogsearch/advanced_result" name="catalogsearch_advanced_result" template="catalogsearch/advanced/result.phtml">
                <
block type="catalog/product_list" name="search_result_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">
                    <
block type="catalog/product_list_toolbar" name="product_list_toolbar" template="catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml">
                        <
block type="page/html_pager" name="product_list_toolbar_pager"/>

Let me know if that does not work for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leeson

Total Posts:  8

hi,

thanks but i had this already at the xml. The normal search is working perfekt,

normal search

advanced search

regards

christian

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

@ Christian,

Please post your code for your /app/design/.../template/page/html/pager.phtml file. I want to see what you have.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3