Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
There has been an error processing your request
 
houtsnip
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  1
Joined:  2010-05-20
Amsterdam, Nederland
 

In the errors directory there is a file ‘local.xml.sample’.  This configures the error processing.
Rename or copy this file to ‘local.xml’.

There is an element ‘<action>’ in the XML file.  This needs to be set to the value ‘print’ for error messages to be displayed.  (This is the default value in the local.xml.sample, so you don’t actually need to change anything if you just copy the sample file).

You can also set this element to ‘email.  This will cause the exception to be sent to the email address specified by the ‘<email_address>’ element.

The code that handles this is in the file processor.php file.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Cheung
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  30
Joined:  2008-10-09
Seattle, WA
 
Chuck Drew - 26 February 2010 04:13 AM

Hi All,

If anyone was curious, I resolved the issue with my Magento 1.4 Upgrade.

It came down to a bad argument being passed to a foreach loop on line 51 in toolbar.phtml.

The fix was to change line 44 in that template file (app/design/frontend/byer_interface/byer_theme/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml) to:

<?php /* if($this->getLastPageNum()>1): */ if($this->getLastPageNum()>&& is_array($this->getPages())): ?>

I was using toolbar.phtml from the default magento theme.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck Drew! This worked for me… what a pain.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
hawks1
Member
 
Total Posts:  49
Joined:  2009-07-06
 
mhunkler - 09 April 2010 02:55 PM

This worked and was very simple!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/77990/

This work for me , but i hope that it won’t cause another headache on other place. ....

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
MartinSedlmeier
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  1
Joined:  2012-07-23
 

Although it was another problem that brought me to your thread, the solution to many Magento errors is kinda similar.
I also got one of those “There has been an error processing your request” and none of the usal actions worked:

1) deleting every cache file -> No effect.
2) creating custom temp folders -> No effect
3) asking my provider to increase database capabilities -> No effect.

What solved it was brute force, and i am not happy with this:
I disabled the whole error processing by opening ‘errors/report.php’
and commenting out // $processor->processReport();

To make sure it was the reason I reenabled it and it STILL worked… So actually I changed nothing.

Seems to force kind of a restart…

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top
Page 4 of 4