Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
There has been an error processing your request

john2323

Total Posts:  34

THIS POST IS ONLY FOR THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM PLEASE DO NOT POST OTHER PROBLEMS IN HERE!

I have seen this message posted on other posts but no one answers it and everyone starts posting about other problems and it never gets answered, well at least from what I have seen.  If you have the answer to this problem or know of the post that has answered it please let me us know here.

I upgraded from the latest previous version to 1.4.0.1 the site is not active as I am switching to magento but it needs to be fixed fast as we are working to make it go live and to replace our current site which is on oscommerce.  The site has many modules installed.

Error message (Below) when clicking on anything other then Configuration under the System Tab.  But in the Configuration tab it only loads the default page and then nothing else works. 

ERROR MESSAGE:
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 46250721 <-------------- Changes every time you reload the page.

Below is the error log in correspondence to the above error message:

a:2:{i:0;s:117:"Notice: Undefined index:  1 in /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 500";i:1;s:687:"#0 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(500): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/home/.sites/11...’, 500, Array)
#1 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(517): Mage_Core_Model_App->_getStoreByGroup(’8’)
#2 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(283): Mage_Core_Model_App->_getStoreByWebsite(’base’)
#3 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#4 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/app/Mage.php(455): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /home/.sites/117/site84/web/mysite/index.php(65): Mage::run()
#6 {main}”;}

There are more errors with similar messages on other pages but lets just see if I can get the one working and it might fix the rest.

Any help would be great,
Jamie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

john2323

Nothing yet?  Wow this is horrible.  I like magento for its updated feel and some of the features.  But I am considering just going back to another cart with less flash and that just works.  I have been using oscommerce for 6 years and have never had these types of problems.  OSC is not as advanced and has been neglected but boy its much easier to work with.  Plus with all the other osc like carts that are current and maintained I have a feeling thats the way to go.

I really want to use Magento but its not worth the headache.  NO support for anything.

Unless this is solved very soon, I am afraid I am going to have to say goodbye to Magento after months of work on our new site.  Very sad.

Thanks,
Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community

GargantulaKon

Total Posts:  9

john2323 - 21 February 2010 02:02 PM

NO support for anything.

Unless this is solved very soon, I am afraid I am going to have to say goodbye to Magento after months of work on our new site.  Very sad.

Thanks,
Jamie

Well Varien wants you to upgrade to the Enterprise version in order to receive support. The CE version is a community support program. The Enterprise version is up to v1.7 while the CE is at v1.4.

I had the same problem as you while installing Magento and what I did was delete the DB I created and deleted my Magento installation and started from scratch. This time I made a MySQL user with full DBA privileges and then it worked for me. At first, I used a MySQL user who I have only read/write permissions. I hope that solves your problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

john2323

Thanks so much for your reply.  Ya they want the money which is reasonable but they should supply support as Enterprise people don’t want to deal with this stuff themselves anyway so magento would get the customers even if they provided support via the forum.  Plus they get a TON of help from us by all the work people do on magento for free by producing great modules and proving feedback on bugs and all that.  They should help us out more.

Anyway I have just reverted back to the previous database and system files.  At least that worked better then I thought it would.  So I have everything back to 1.3.2.4 and thats where its going to stay until I can guarantee that the transition is going to go smooth and mostly bug free.  If it was not for the fact that I have had tons of paid hours and personal hours in the new site I would be going to another cart system.

Magento has very good potential but they need to get their #$%$ together.  This was not a stable release, not sure why they released it.

Anyway thanks so much for your suggestion, if someone else has luck trying the above suggestion please post them here so everyone can see the results.

Thanks,
Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community

GargantulaKon

The company that I work at works with Varien and they seem to be focused on the Enterprise product now since they have over 200 clients now to tend to. I wish I did see more support from Varien in these forums like before the Enterprise version was released.

I love this “cart system” since it is very powerful, I just hope new releases focus on fixing bugs and better installation guides and documentation for novices. I noticed that many of their guides seem to be written by programmer’s who assume people know certain things. It seems to be up to the community now if we want free support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

john2323

GargantulaKon

Ya, it could be that they have taken on to much to fast.  I fully agree with the system.  I do love it except for these kind of problems.  Like I said, I don’t consider it free as we help them out as well so we are paying them with our time and knowledge of problems.  Thats one of the reasons why they keep the free option.

Thanks,
Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community

GargantulaKon

That is true about helping them for free as they reap the profits by charging about $11,000 USD a year for the Enterprise version!

Our company believes that most of the ideas in Magento came from us as they developed our custom (now old) OSCommerce platform during the last 4 years.

Magento Community
Magento Community

john2323

Would agree 100%. 

Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community

ipunsk

Total Posts:  3

So finally I just found a solution that worked for me!

To fix the Backendlogin delete the following directory:
app/code/core/Zend/Cache

afterwards clear the content of the following directory:
var/cache/

try to log in…

Source:
http://rackspeed.de/forum/magento-faq-installation-and-updates/exception-during-cache-and-session-cleaning-invalid-mode-for-clean-method-439

Hope this works for you, too!
C ya
Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

ipunsk worked for me. thank you very much.

it fixed this error from admin section:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Admin_Model_Observer::actionPostDispatchAdmin() in /home2/avintelc/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1207

I still have one problem (at least) after upgrade.  i continue to receive the error on the front end of site:

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 784250444053 <----- changes

this “ONLY” occurs when selecting a category that is set to “ANCHOR” but does not have products in it.  If i turn of the “Anchor” feature, i do not have a problem in that category.  any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

john2323

ipunsk - 23 February 2010 12:13 AM

So finally I just found a solution that worked for me!

To fix the Backendlogin delete the following directory:
app/code/core/Zend/Cache

afterwards clear the content of the following directory:
var/cache/

try to log in…

Source:
http://rackspeed.de/forum/magento-faq-installation-and-updates/exception-during-cache-and-session-cleaning-invalid-mode-for-clean-method-439

Hope this works for you, too!
C ya
Tim

Hi,

Did that already and didn’t work.  It did however make it so I could get the the dashboard.  When I first updated I couldn’t even do that.

Thanks,
Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

john2323:

that is exactly what it did for me.  if anyone figures this out, please let me know.  my site is down.

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrecord
Guru

Total Posts:  461

same story here!

I delete this : app/code/core/Zend/Cache
then refresh cache but sometimes shop is ok and sometimes when I click on categories error came back!

In admin is all ok but in frontend I have this error:(

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Free Lunch Labs

Total Posts:  25
Portland, Maine

Hi All,

I am having the same problem with upgrading to Magento 1.4.01 from 1.3.2.4 using Magento Connect. I looked at the system error log and saw this:

a:5:{i:0;s:196:"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /chroot/home/byerofma/byerofmaine.com/html/app/design/frontend/byer_interface/byer_theme/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml on line 51";i:1;s:5668:"#0 /chroot/home/byerofma/byerofmaine.com/html/app/design/frontend/byer_interface/byer_theme/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml(51): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/chroot/home/by...', 51, Array)

So I tried removing the calls to toolbar.phtml from the category layout ( <?php echo $this->getToolbarHtml() ?> )

My anchor caregories now show up but I don’t have the toolbar for sorting items in the page.

I think the problem is in toolbar.phtml. I have not touch this file before.

Any further ideas? I wonder if it would fix the problem if I did a fresh install of Magento 1.4 and copy and pasted the new toolbar.phtml into my old file…

Cheers,

Chuck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Free Lunch Labs

Total Posts:  25
Portland, Maine

Hi All,

If anyone was curious, I resolved the issue with my Magento 1.4 Upgrade.

It came down to a bad argument being passed to a foreach loop on line 51 in toolbar.phtml.

The fix was to change line 44 in that template file (app/design/frontend/byer_interface/byer_theme/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml) to:

<?php /* if($this->getLastPageNum()>1): */ if($this->getLastPageNum()>&& is_array($this->getPages())): ?>

I was using toolbar.phtml from the default magento theme.

Cheers,

Chuck

Magento Community
Magento Community

DitesVERT

Total Posts:  100

Chuck Drew : That did the trick for me, thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4