Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customers Can’t login after domain IP change

Bradley

Total Posts:  9

The virtual machine that my store runs on was migrated to a new host. Nothing inside the VM was changed and so all ip addresses are the same. What was changed was the dns pointer IP address associated with the store subdomain.

store : http://portal.mysite.com (new ip)
site: http://mysite.com (new but different ip, was always different then store)

What happens is the customer gets the login page, enters their login information and are immediately redirected back to the login page without any errors.

We have cleared their local caches and i’ve cleared the server caches as well but i can not figure it out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eddiekiriliuk

Total Posts:  6

I am having the exact same problem. would love to know if you get a solution to this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bradley

I’m still having the same problem, nothing locally has changed, only the dns pointer changed. It was moved to a new host with a new firewall but the ports we’re opened the same way. It really only seems to be Internet Explorer but chrome does it sometimes.

I also disabled APC thinking that it might be part of the issue but that hasn’t resolved it yet either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bradley

I found the cause of my issue. When I shut the VM down for migration and brought it back up the system time in the virtual bios was off severally. This caused the OS time to be off and affected the cookie time outs in Magento. This was seriously something I had never thought of since it was working from everything but Internet Explorer.

APC Caching was also a suspect and was disabled for troubleshooting but had no affect.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community