Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t log in to admin any more

eddiekiriliuk

Total Posts:  6

I had a development server set up on a shared hosting plan on site: www.mysite1.com . I then purchased a VPS and had the hosting company duplicate the info onto the VPS and then i redirected the NS records to the new hosting package but still had the same url www.mysite1.com . Now I want to use my old shared package to test new magento plugins and edits (basically turn it into a DEV site). I have a second site www.mysite2.com and have pointed the domain name servers and directed the ip information correctly on the hosting cpanel. I see the old front end site show up on the www.mysite2.com but when I try the admin control panel I can not log in. I get redirected RIGHT BACK to the admin login page instead of being redirected to the correct admin control panel. It might have to do with the fact that www.mysite1.com hosted on another computer is the same url that the old Magento package was pointing to which makes it confused. I am just speculating here. Please help me get access to my admin console so I can update the base url (hopefully that is the only reason i am not getting in)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eddiekiriliuk

still no answer to this, ANY HELP OUT THERE?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lakitu

Total Posts:  7

eddiekiriliuk - 19 December 2013 01:49 PM

Log into your Magento database, go to the table “core_config_data”, then verify that the “web/unsecure/base_url” and “web/secure/base_url” matches matches the actual domain the site is on (or at least the IP address).

If it’s different, update it.

You might have to create a script that reindexes your site and clears your Magento cache as well.

Image Attachments
verify magento domain.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

eddiekiriliuk

Lakitu - 20 December 2013 08:25 AM

eddiekiriliuk - 19 December 2013 01:49 PM

Log into your Magento database, go to the table “core_config_data”, then verify that the “web/unsecure/base_url” and “web/secure/base_url” matches matches the actual domain the site is on (or at least the IP address).

If it’s different, update it.

You might have to create a script that reindexes your site and clears your Magento cache as well.

So i managed to get in now but it takes me to the wrong url. I think i might have to run a script that reindexes the site. Any clue how i can do that and how to run it? So sorry for a noob trying to learn and trying his hardest smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community