Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Calculation issue with GST in 1.4.0.0

Matthew Smith

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I have just installed v1.4.0.0 and have followed the precise settings outlined to setup for an Australian company (at the fontis.com.au site).  It appears that the GST is NOT calculating correcty in either the shopping cart or checkout.

For example i have created a test item that costs $110.00.  Once selected is displays in the Shopping Cart as follows:

Test 100.10 1 $100.10

Subtotal $100.01
GST $0.10
Grand Total $100.10

Anyone heard whether anything is wrong with this release of Magento???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Norton

Total Posts:  53

Hi Matthew,

I’ve posted a reply to your comment on our original blog post about setting up Magento for Australia. Hopefully the suggested change fixes the problem for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matthew Smith

Total Posts:  5

Chris,

Thanks mate - that fixes the problem properly!  I had ended up going into the Tax/Calculation.php module and forcing the taxRate in calcTaxAmount to .10.  It appears to divise more than once from what we gather.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance - much appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community