Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Manage Categories—Activ/Inactive categories not building nav correctly

jarzayus

Total Posts:  3

I seem to be experiencing issues with the manage category admin functionality.

Issue description:

I am logged in as a full rights admin;

if I make a category inactive and its subs inactive; in the frontend I see the top nav renders the html for the inactive categories. even though it is set to inactive.

In the sample products that come with the install there are two grayed out categories/subcategories Household Items and Pants; I cannot turn those categories on

the categories were added under “all store views”

Has anyone run into this before? and is there a fix or a toggle I need to select.

here is a link to my test magento site store.otakuden.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jarzayus

Hi everyone I added a red border around the nav so you can see what i am talking about. The inactive items are the empty boxes.

Does anyone know how to fix this? store.otakuden.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

till

Total Posts:  58

Maybe a cache issue. I’d disable them while you poke around.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarzayus

Thank you till for your suggestion, I thought I disabled them. I set the Active and Anchor setting to “OFF” is there something else I need to do and maybe that is my answer.

-Sincerely John

Magento Community
Magento Community

GodRJa

Total Posts:  22

I have the same issue - on default theme the inactive top level categories are rendered into the html. You can even get this invisible menu pop-up if you move mouse over a special invisible region.

I think it is a theme bug and could be fixed in some html templates by hands.

You might be interested in finding if anyone has posted an issue on issue tracker about it. If not, you could post if by yourself.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community