Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t add products or view cart after upgrade

6sMeTz

Total Posts:  5

Today i upgraded my shop and after some solved issues i am stuck having a shop that won’t add articles or let you view your cart.
The error report i’m getting is as follows:

a:5:{i:0;s:300:"Warning: include(/home/haxorix/public_html/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/tax/checkout/grandtotal.phtml) [<a href=’function.include’>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/haxorix/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 189";i:1;s:4703:"#0 /home/haxorix/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘include(/home/h...’, ‘/home/haxorix/p...’, 189, Array)

The this is there is no app/design/frontend/base/ directory. I didn’t know it before.

Any help would be very much apreciated as i don’t have a working shop at the moment :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

limelightinternet

Total Posts:  2

I’m having this same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

limelightinternet

Total Posts:  2

Okay, this may be a temporary fix until they get the real fix, but it will get your store back up without causing the error screen. Turning off the tax module in the back-end will stop the error screen from happening.

Got to Configuration -> System -> Advanced

Then scroll down in the disable modules output and simply disable Mage_tax

The real error issue still needs to be resolved though. Hope that helps for now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

6sMeTz

hi m8,
thanks for the reply.
after much searching and pointless trying around i just reinstalled another fresh copy of the old version of magento and after 2 days i got it running back again. Not going to upgrade that soon. Until i see a new version working properly i’m going to stick to the old version.

I hope they will fix this issue and help you out too m8.

Best Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

Out of curiosity, how did you guys upgrade? Via MagentoConnect, SSH (pear) or uploading files via FTP?

Magento Community
Magento Community

6sMeTz

via Magento Connect with the wiki on the side in my case

Magento Community
Magento Community

Riftlord

Total Posts:  36

I’ve got the same problem has anyone managed to fix this yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redranger

Hey All,

I got a quick n dirty fix for this. Just download a fresh copy of magento, extract it and copy the “base"(app\design\frontend\base) folder from the fresh copy and save it into your “frontend” folder. It worked for me wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

redranger

redranger - 20 May 2010 12:55 PM

Hey All,

I got a quick n dirty fix for this. Just download a fresh copy of magento, extract it and copy the “base"(app\design\frontend\base) folder from the fresh copy and save it into your “frontend” folder. It worked for me wink

a few minutes later...

A little modification to the previous fix...instead of copying the whole base folder into your “frontend” folder, just copy “tax"(app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax) folder from the fresh copy into your template(app/design/frontend/your_active_theme/your_active_interface/template/) folder. That too fixes the issue. Looks like magento searches for the file initially in the active theme folder and then goes on to search in the “base” theme folder

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community