Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Right permissions for Magento Connect

Shepstar

Total Posts:  142

Hi,

Ive installed the magento version 1.3.2.4 on my new server. Now when I try to add a connect extension I always get errors like these

downloading market_ready_germany-0.1.7.tgz ...
Starting to download market_ready_germany-0.1.7.tgz (57,604 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . ...done: 57,604 bytes
Could not download from “http://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/get/Locale_Mage_Community_de_DE-1.3.2.4.tgz”, cannot download “magento-community/Locale_Mage_Community_de_DE” (File http://connect.magentocommerce.com:80/community/get/Locale_Mage_Community_de_DE-1.3.2.4.tgz not valid (received: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found ))
Error: cannot download “magento-community/Locale_Mage_Community_de_DE”
magento-community/market_ready_germany requires package “magento-community/Locale_Mage_community_de_DE”
Install Errors
Download failed
PEAR ERROR: install failed

I think this has to do something with the permissions of the folders. I read everywhere that I have to set the permission to 777 on all folder even the root one.
But I could not figure out if it was meant to set 777 just to the “downloader"-folder or the complete magento folder?

If the complete magento folder is meant, how would get the permissions back to what the should be, as there are thousands of folders and files.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ng-mobile

Total Posts:  4

I have exactly the same problem with installing the German language package. But it’s possible to install for example the swiss language package, I don’t understand why!

Please, help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

m0dul

Total Posts:  8

Same on my install. Magento release 1.4.1.0
It seem that the package repository has an error

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrsat

Total Posts:  6

Here the same with version 1.4.0.1 I tried a fresh install now three times and still this error?

In the ADMIN panel when you go toSYTEM - magento connect manager I’m getting this error.
--

Error: Please check for sufficient write file permissions
Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions, which this web based downloader requires.

If you wish to proceed downloading Magento packages online, please set all Magento folders to have writable permission for the web server user (example: apache) and press the “Refresh” button to try again.

Refresh

To learn more about setting write permissions, please visit the Magento community site for further details

----------------------

app/etc, media, var are set with 7777

Is there somebody who have the latest version were the magento connect maager is working??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shepstar

Total Posts:  142

That’s thing, do I really have to set all to 777 and how do I get all of them back to the normal permissions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tobiasmauermann

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem.
I think, it’s a failure of the package repository.

-> received: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

so maybe the file was deleted

Magento Community
Magento Community

m0dul

Still getting (received: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found ) errors. There is something wrong with the package manager.

Magento Community
Magento Community

it-worx

Total Posts:  24

I have the same problem to install the german language file for Magento 1.3.2.4.

Is there any way to get the file otherwise?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ng-mobile

Total Posts:  4

So, habs nun hinbekommen: Ist manuell ganz einfach:

Da ich keinen Link posten möchte, sucht bei g***** nach: Deutsche Sprachdateien für Magento, Revision 405

Direkt der erste Link, dort könnt ihr euch das Sprachpaket manuell runterladen. Die Ordner sind angegeben, somit einfach per FTP hochladen und der Magento-Shop ist in Deutsch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tobiasmauermann

Total Posts:  2

vielen Dank!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

m0dul

Thanks. For your help. I have as well a offiical copy of the language pack. I was wondering I you can install it via pearl ?
And what about a feedback to the package maintainer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stroendle

Total Posts:  1

I have submitted a mail to the package maintainer.

Best,

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community