Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

last touch before going live

jstein

Total Posts:  44

Hello all,

We fully developed the site under an IP of our dedicated server and I need to know the location of the config file so when I point the dns to our magento site, my ip address wont show up in the url after navigating through the pages. This is the second time I’m asking this so please reply back.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

anyone? I tried just changing the dns and refreshing the catalog rewrites and while it looked like it worked for a bit, its switching back between my domain and the IP address i originally set it up under. Please reply back....my domain url is lastchanceshoes dot com you can see the issue from there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

actually it seems that when im trying to do a refresh catalog rewrite it times out to a blank page. anyone know why?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbone007

Total Posts:  13

Hi there,

I took a look and couldn’t see any pages that showed an ip address in the URL.

Tbone

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Congratulation. A very nice shop you have got there!

I can just confirm that your IP (http://209.200.238.101/) shows up in the URL field after I had navigated through some of your pages, so the problem is still there. Unfortunately jstein, I don´t know why this happens ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

yea, i keep trying to refresh catalog rewrites and maybe one of them worked. I’m confused though since I’m used to making a change in a config file of some sort. are you telling me I dont have to set up any config or local file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Can’t you just change it under System > Configuration > Web?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community