Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.01 - “Error log record number: 1746447835” error. 

John Swaringen

Total Posts:  13
Fort Worth, Texas

I’ve followed the steps 3 times and I’m doing a clean install of 1.4.0.1 on a remote host.  Every time I get past the creating the database tables a PHP file will flash in the browser window, and I’ll get the message:

Error log record number1746447835

I can’t figure out what it means because exception handling won’t print, and I can’t get access to the server logs to see what the problem is.

I had 1.3.4.2 working fine, but wanted to do a fresh install to this staging server before migrating to production.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John Swaringen

Fort Worth, Texas

I had the “url rewrite “ thing checked on the database connection page and when I unchecked it completed installation.

However, when go into the “Configuration” panel, the “Use Web Server Rewrites” is already set to yes.  So I think something is broken in the installation routine when it comes to that setting.

One final thing, this is a “branded” GoDaddy account that I’m working with so That probably has a lot to do with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vivekananthan

Total Posts:  44

Can I have the url on which you are seeing this error, so can look into it or may get more details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Swaringen

Fort Worth, Texas

Vivekananthan - 19 February 2010 10:56 PM

Can I have the url on which you are seeing this error, so can look into it or may get more details.

http://www.devbywww.com/richell/

Magento Community
Magento Community

IGeeky1

Total Posts:  20

Any solution found here?  I’m having same problem trying to login to admin after 1.4.1 upgrade.
There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1655984989

Thanks

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Swaringen

Fort Worth, Texas

Mark,

It ended up being the the template.  I had created a custom template in my theme.  Looks like they’ve completely changed the way some of the layouts, templates, and CSS files work.  I’ve had to start over from scratch and do the copy-paste routine.  Not fun at all, but what do you do.

downer

I know it’s frustrating, but the alternatives aren’t really good either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Swaringen

Fort Worth, Texas

Oh yes, also look for unclosed tags.  I’ve hit a bunch of them because of the way the templates are now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IGeeky1

Total Posts:  20

Thanks John,
for me the answer was in this post
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/77573/

Magento Community
Magento Community

bitflip

Total Posts:  149
UK

FYI - Although it may not be immediately obvious, the error reports contain useful information and tell you what the problem was and what file/function the error was encountered in.  Error reports can be found in ../magento/var/reports.  You’ll see the report numbers (filenames).  They are actually JSON files designed to be parsed by report.php but they are easily readable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dvsharma88

Total Posts:  6

i am using magento 1.6.0.0 . i have deleted var/cache, var/report and var/session. i did not found \magento\app\code\core\Zend\catch folder but i am still having same problem .........when i am doing refresh page again magento create these files cache and report

Error log record number: 116464618

still its saying this error downer

Magento Community
Magento Community

filipemasal

Total Posts:  6

I found this tutorial to solve the error: There has been an error processing your request, Error log record number
http://tutorialmagento.com/how-to-solve-exception-printing-is-disabled-by-default-for-security-reasons
You can do as followed:
1. Locate the root directory where your Magento is installed. Search for “errors” directory.

2. Change the filename of local.xml.sample to local.xml

3. Reload the page where it shows error message, you will see a full list of error message – The purpose of rename local.xml is to allow the full error message to be shown.

4. Now, locate magento_directory/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php and look for:

protected $_options = array( 
'cache_dir' => 'null',
Replace it with:
protected $_options = array(
'cache_dir' => 'tmp/',
And save the file.
5. Now, go to Magento root directory and create a new directory with the name “tmp”.
6. Refresh the error page and see if the issue solved.
Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

songspkinfo

Total Posts:  2

i am also getting Error log record number: 1746447835 on installation on my site SongsPK

i tries to solve it by changing but unable to solved it so how i can solve it ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community