Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
1.4.0.0 (fresh install) upgrade problems to 1.4.0.1

mpoulieris

Total Posts:  11
drama

yes,i just replace the old one downloader file and pear file from 1.4.0.0 with the new downlaoder file+pear file from the 1.4.0.1 and then i run ur command magento-core/Mage_All_Latest from magetno connector,its the 4 time i make a new installation,i use some beta extensions but before i finish yesterday with my site so i can upload my products i have this error:Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons., i seacrh a lot for a lolution but nothing,this error come slap-bang,all beta extension work very good with out problems.
so,what u think about it?it is good to install again the beta extensions?the true is that some of them is very usefull to me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mpoulieris

Total Posts:  11
drama

J-Mod - 03 March 2010 02:27 PM

mpoulieris - 03 March 2010 02:10 PM
but as i see that i some steps theres errors like:
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

That error is telling you that when an exception is thrown (when something goes wrong), it will not be printed to the screen for you to see. This is a feature you can turn on or off ... you should leave it off if your Magento store is live. Instead, you can have error logging enabled to see what the errors are, that way only you can see the errors ... for security reasons and for user friendliness.

Do you know how to use the command line? Download a program called Putty and you’ll see how to establish a SSH connection to your server. Personally, I think upgrading is just as easy through the command line vs. through Magento Connect ... and you can do much more from the command line.

Wish I could help more, but there are more than a few variables that may be causing your problem.

i already have this putty,i just waiting a answer from my isp siteground why i cant connect via putty,i j have some wonders in set up the admin magneto page like:web->url option->add stores code to url,the default is no,i must leave it NO?......then in Search Engines Optimization Use Web Server Rewrites what i must have?yes or no,the defualt is NO.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3