Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Options - Reformat

quizic

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I am trying to reformat the Custom Options for all products.  I basically want to change the layout into two columns of a table so that it takes up less room (I have 13 options for each product).  I have try changing the options.phtml file but haven’t had much luck.

Has anyone else had success in formatting this file?

Thanks
Brent

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Yes.  just float the dt (option lable) and dd (option value) in respective ‘select.phtml’ files (bundled, configurable and simple (with custom options) ). If unclear, click one of the links in my signature to look for example, or this fabulous feng shui store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

Total Posts:  186
CA

I’m trying to do the same thing but I don’t understand how… which file do I change for simple products, and how do I ‘float’ them? smile
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

just float the dt (option lable) and dd (option value) in respective ‘select.phtml’ files

use Template path hints to locate the file

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Yea, I have been attempting to do this as well but to no avail. Chinesedream, could you post your code? The example you showed us does not show the custom options choices column being split from 1 column to 2 columns.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community