Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Analytics Ecommerce Tracking Not Returning in 1.4.0.0

joesken

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

Apologies for the cross posting here from http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23325/P15/#t214481 but it just dawned on me that this is actually most likely version related.

I installed a new clean install of Magento Version 1.4.0.0 and the sample data and added in the Google Analytics tracking code in the System -> Configuration - Google API -> Google Analytics Account Number.

Upon completion of an order the success page (index.php/checkout/onepage/success/) does successfully show the Google Analytics page view tracking but does *not* show the ecommerce transaction tracking.

Looking into this a little bit further I looked at Ga.php (/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleAnalytics/Block) where the Analytics code gets written.  It does (of course) have the full code to add the transactions for ecommerce tracking but they aren’t getting added to the return call for some reason.  It appears (from what I can tell) that $this->getQuote(); in the getQuoteOrdersHtml() function is returning null.

As I say this is a totally new clean simple install and from everything I have read the ecommerce tracking is getting added automatically for many of you (however not for others I suspect).

Any thoughts, suggestions and/or ideas (or even verification that the same is happening for others) would be appreciated.

Note I did see an article which was relating to the JS and Analytics not returning correctly but I don’t think this is pertinent as it isn’t even getting as far as inserting it onto the page. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/77774/

Thanks

Jo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joesken

Just FYI on this, I have updated now to 1.4.0.1 however the issue is still happening (no ecommerce tracking entries being added to the page).

Any thoughts, suggestions and/or ideas (or even verification that the same is happening for others) would be appreciated.

J

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hucke_Media_de

Total Posts:  16

Funny phenomenon. - got the same issue. Surprising though - having two virtually identical installations in respect of theme/template of 1.4.0.0 on one Analytics works fine (the one i upgraded from 1.3.2.4). The other one - a freshly installed 1.4.0.0 Analytics doesn’t work.
Also tried upgrading to 1.4.0.1 has no positive effect on this issue.

Seems an upgrade from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4x Google Analytics works. But not on freshly installed 1.4?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joesken

Fixed!

See http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23325/P15/

There are two fixes mentioned here *both* of which need to be applied.

1 - Move the analytics tracking code to before the body.
2 - Add the missing declaration for the _gaq variable to Ga.php.

J

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community