Magento Forum

Template monster does not support magento 1.4

antrax13

Total Posts:  46

Don´t purchase items from this site do not support 1.4 only work in magento magento 1.3.

I bought an item here three months ago and offering, not upgrade, it is very sad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

viniati

Total Posts:  97

I have a template we just got from them, It is functioning in the 1.4 test environment. You will need hard code if you have flash on it however. Let me know what error(s) you are getting. Their service is for the birds tho..make sure you have the SQL Dump file your template came with, maybe I can help.

BTW...I double checked b4 I bought and the online chat quote is here for you if you want.

“[18:54:50] chris: E-mail: viniati@gmail.com Nick: chris ( 51 ) Project: tm Please select a product type: Website Templates Referer Url: http://www.templatemonster.com/magento-themes/26996.html Location: 65.78.150.242 , UNITED STATES , CALIFORNIA , SACRAMENTO TimeZone: GMT +8 Weather: Sunny, 66F, 19C, Wind: NW at 5 mph, Humidity: 65% Screen: 1680x 1050 32 UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
[18:54:50] chris: will template work with 1.4 magento?
[18:54:55] Robin: Hello. You have successfully connected to your Technical Support Operator. My name is Robin, please wait one moment while I review the information you have provided. Thank you.
[18:55:46] Robin: yes, templates designed for Magento 1.3 are also compatible with Magento 1.4
[18:56:21] chris: ok, positive hehe, because we are going to buy one
[18:56:24] chris: thank you.
[18:56:51] Robin: You’re welcome

Thank you for using Template-help Live Chat

Template-help.com”

Magento Community
Magento Community

viniati

Total Posts:  97

if you’d like to view my solution, or if you’re even interested in salvaging a template view my thread here

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/78266/

Magento Community
Magento Community

antrax13

Different responses to the same question, I do not understand anything this is my conversation with template monster:

J
Posted On: 15 Feb 2010 10:31 AM
Hi,

I think upgrade to magento 1.4 and ind to know if this theme its compatible and

the template id is Item number: 26558, i plan to make a clean installs no upgrade.

thanks

Alex Ross
Posted On: 16 Feb 2010 09:40 PM
Dear J

This template is compatible with Magento 1.3.x only.

We close tickets to avoid ticket system overflow. Feel free to reply to this ticket to reopen it if you need our further assistance.

Best regards,
Technical Support Team

J
Posted On: 17 Feb 2010 05:08 AM

and when you have planned upgrade this template?

Andrew Wise

Posted On: 17 Feb 2010 05:21 AM
Dear Jorge Fernandez,

You are performing a major customization. Unfortunately we do not provide assistance in cases of a major (profound) customization. Therefore we can not assist you with you current issue.

J

Posted On: 17 Feb 2010 05:39 AM

Thank you for your quick response,

but is very confused for me and I need a clearer answer, I understand your mail template monster will not offer support for any of your magento templates?

I think it is necessary to clarify this point so that prospective buyers know they only sell limited products for magento 1.3

thanks

Chris Diaz

Posted On: 17 Feb 2010 07:52 AM
Dear J,
Please contact our partner - templatetuning.com, they can upgrade the template for Magento 1.4

We close tickets to avoid ticket system overflow. Feel free to reply to this ticket to reopen it if you need our further assistance.

Best regards,
Technical Support Team

J

Posted On: 18 Feb 2010 06:22 AM
Why don´t answer my cuestions?

Chris Diaz
Posted On: 18 Feb 2010 07:48 AM
Dear Jorge,

Templatemonster.com offers support for any template you order. We do not offer the template updates, which are different from the template support services.

Best regards,
Technical Support Team

Magento Community
Magento Community

Themes_info

Total Posts:  98
United States

antrax13,
it mean that they would not give you the money back for outdated theme that you’ve purchased.

Magento Community
Magento Community

antrax13

t’s not a question of money, the problem is that present day they continue to sell an obsolete product and do not take care of the updates to the new version, think it’s unethical.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpwinfield

Total Posts:  2

I bought a template that was compatible with 1.3 and I am using 1.4 and it just does not work! I am getting this error message: Fatal error: Call to a member function toHtml() on a non-object in /home/sugarmo1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php on line 529

Magento Community
Magento Community

MattMcElwrath

Total Posts:  2

im getting the same error

Magento Community
Magento Community

Felconian1

Total Posts:  5

I just bought a template today and i am having that exat same problem… !

Magento Community
Magento Community

philtep

Total Posts:  22

The fix in case you still need it:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/195700/P45/

Don’t forget to manually clear your cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

j.mcmahon

Total Posts:  3
New York

My friend bought also here and so far, he doesn’t have any problems. Let see what will happen next. I’m bit worried that it might happen also to my friend.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community