Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Language defaults back to English on pagechange

Savage

Total Posts:  4

I’ve got a problem that actually exists here on the Magento website too. If you for example change the language to Deutch or Norwegian on my site it works fine doing the change and displays the correct currency and language. The problem occurs when you navigate to another part of the website (click no anything, a product, f.ex.) and the language goes back to English.

Happens on my test-site (latest version) and on the Magento main site (here at the forums).

Does anyone have a solutions? Is this a bug? I couldn’t find any information about this anywere.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GodRJa

Total Posts:  22

Are your using IE7?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Savage

Total Posts:  4

No, I’m using Firefox 2.0.0.14. I’ve testet with Internet Explorer 6 and with the IE Tab plugin for Firefox. Does not seem to be a browser problem since it’s the same.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

I have same problem on my testing site, and I’m using both firefox &IE7;I’ll let you know if I find anything

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

I found where the problem was coming from, at least for me.
In System > manage Store, both “website name” and “Store name” needs to be same if you just want a translation for the same shared product. Only “Store view name” would be different and the header in the strore front will then show a language selection.

This wasn’t clear.

hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

GodRJa

Total Posts:  22

I once had similar issue, when I had a complicated setup. I had Magento installed on virtual machine, which has been tunneled to a different port on a real computer using PuTTy and then accessed from the other host. When the setup has been simplified to a direct connection on a real server the problem has gone by itself. Hope it might help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community