Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Martial Arts Store

urbandojo

Total Posts:  3

Hi everyone,

We have just launched our new store, selling boxing, mma and martial arts equipment. 

urbandojo.co.uk

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

urbandojo

Also, how is the page load speed for everyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

I feel asleep waiting for it to load… but once it did load it was fine..

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I couldn’t see Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. It gives me a italian mafia godfather feels! Just Kidding!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Viralogy

Total Posts:  10
Mountain View, CA

Awesome site!  My brother is currently doing kickboxing (just for fun), and has recently purchased some items via Amazon.  I’ll refer him to your site so that he can check out your items.

I have one suggestion for you:

In your item pages, http://urbandojo.co.uk/padded-shin-support, you should definitely add a widget that allows you to cross-sell and up-sell.

For example, if I’m looking at shin guards, it would be great to see items that compliment it: white gloves, towel, or even a training mat.  You should also have a widget that shows other shin guards that are of high-quality, or that are a cheaper price, giving the visitor options.

If you have any questions about how to increase on-site conversion, hit me up any time.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

stak235

Total Posts:  14

Very nice work! I like the site. Are you able to point me in the direction for adding an image rotator like you did? I have a static image on the home page that I would like to replace with a rotator. Anyhow your site is really awesome, and I wish you much luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

urbandojo

Thanks for the feedback so far smile

@Viralogy

We are planning to add cross-selling and up-selling to the site.  There are some products where it is already in place.  However, we just wanted to concentrate on getting the site live and then we will gradually add these.  Definitely agree that it is a good idea, as people are often looking for things like headguards and shin guards at the same time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community