Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
How to make Paypal Website Payments Pro UK work with Magento

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Hi

I take it that your Paypal Pro was setup and working fine before ? What version are you using ?

I will try a test transaction if get time today. Also, don’t forget the actual UK Tech Support at PayPal Website Payments Pro is quite good. Their number I added to a post on the magneto UK forum somewhere. Give them a ring and they might be able to help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Are you totally sure you are using Website payments Pro? When I tried the std paypal option in Magneto, I got some of these issues. You also have to config the return link after the purchase somewhere in Paypal I believe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itwiz

Total Posts:  17

Hi jools

Thanks for helping me with this.

I’ve been trying the number you posted all day, left a couple of messages but couldn’t get through to a human yet - i’ll try again in the morning. (for future readers that number opens at 8am)

I have set up “Website Payments Pro”. I did wonder about a return link but I can’t find it. There is something called IPN but that is specific to standard i believe. My thoughts are that if paypal isn’t sending messages back, it would account for the failure to display am “order recieved” message.

My confusion is also with the magento back end - there are so many paypal options, and even more paypal payment methods. I’m aware if I configure too many options, it could lead to conflicts which isn’t going to help at all! When I eventually solve this I’m going to write a thorough step-by-step guide to this!

Am I right in thinking yu have this working perfectly now? E.g. magneto can send refunds and tell paypal when to complete an authorized sale?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

I can get several methods to pass a transaction to Paypal but things like cancel, hold and credit memo dont get communicated to paypal - it just says pending.

Thinking about it, I’m not sure if there was ever that level of interaction between Paypal Website Payments pro and Magento. I don’t recall changing Cancel, Hold and Credit Memo in Magneto and seeing any interactions with Paypal on that order.

I believe that this is possible with Google Checkout, but I don’t think it is with Paypal.

Can someone else confirm this ?

Julian

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Am I right in thinking you have this working perfectly now? E.g. magneto can send refunds and tell paypal when to complete an authorized sale?

Magento and paypal work ok for me, but we have a low traffic site. We can work fine without any automation between Paypal and Magneto.

I did discover a few bugs between them where you click to send a mail to your customer in paypal but it never gets delivered. At least its consistant !

I do know, (as the PP tech staff told me direct), that when Magneto was being put together in November/December 2007 that the magneto guys worked with Paypal in the USA and here in the UK to make it work together. Ie, Magento did speak directly to the PP UK Developers.

So in theory, it should be integrated quite well.

Perhaps you could check the Magento bug/feature reports to see if anyone else is having your issues. Paypal Uk customer base will be a lot smaller than the USA one though.

Otherwise try PM Ross in Scarborough. He has used PP Website payments pro, and may be able to verify exactly what you will expect.

Pls also tell us the exact version of Magento you have. I know magneto are getting some of these annoying little bugs out of the way as they go, so 1.2.0.1 may work better possibly for you.

Julian

Magento Community
Magento Community

itwiz

Total Posts:  17

Hi again,

Im not having much luck with this. Paypal support UK had a look but cant offer much help.

The real problem seems to be with the checkout. At the moment, it just won’t goto the success page - even if it creates the order, paypal takes the money and the customer gets an email - the checkout just diverts back to the cart. Does anyon know why this might be? Im getting a bit desperate! :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I think there is a setting in Magento, for which page to go to after an order is placed. Dig around in the Configuration backend, and its in there somewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fleet

Total Posts:  8

Hi there. The issue with PayPal Pro UK - Sale causing Total Paid to double is one I have. Anyone had any luck fixing it?

Discussion here…
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/22605/

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

We use ‘authorise payment’ so it hasn’t been a problem for us.

Sorry, I cant help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lee

Total Posts:  2

Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help with a paypal payments pro issue…

I have a PPP UK account, and have an (almost) fully functioning magento store (1.2.0.3).

i have set up a sandbox account (most of the info on this post has now been superceeded) using this method http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=sandbox&thread;.id=12786 successfully and have verified the PPP UK sandbox account and requested the API credentials which has given me User, Partner, Vendor, Password which corresponds to the Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) settings in Magento admin. The URL i have used is https://pilot-payflowpro.paypal.com (i have tried others) but this should be the right one :
http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=payflow&message;.id=3235&jump;=true#M3235

so far, so good.

I then created a buyer account in the sandbox and tried to purchase something from the store, but get the error: “Invalid vendor account”

Can anyone shed some light on this please, i would be most grateful…

thanks

Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

adonkey

Total Posts:  67

I have the same problem - “invalid vendor account” currently waiting for a phone call from paypal tech

Magento Community
Magento Community

adonkey

Total Posts:  67

Turns out they hadn’t fully switched it on, they were supposed to send my a link on my main paypal homepage to activate it, but It wasnt there.

I now have it running with 1 small bug, it seems to only function when set to “Authorization” if its set to “sale” the order doesn’t appear to fully complete (there is no record in my paypal history)

btw I was told the URL to use in the payflow setting is - https://payflowpro.paypal.com (UK BASED)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nizumzen

Total Posts:  26

adonkey - 13 March 2009 02:28 AM

btw I was told the URL to use in the payflow setting is - https://payflowpro.paypal.com (UK BASED)

Hmm was that by PayPal themselves or someone else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

natmad

Total Posts:  14

I have been told this is the set up for website Payment Pro UK in Magento but currently it doesn’t work - does anyone know why?

URL https://payflowpro.paypal.com
User username
Vendor PayPalUK
Password ****
Debug Flag no

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2