Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Login - Regular Pricing & Blind Wholesale Pricing

MediaDesignMarketing

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I’m like to achieve two different sets of pricing and I’m trying to determine the best way of setting this up.

Example: When customers registers, I’d like to have the option for them to register as ‘Regular Customers’ or ‘Wholesale Customers’. If customers are logged in as ‘Regular Customers’ they will see the regular prices. If customers are logged in as ‘Wholesale Customers’ they will see the wholesale pricing.

Can I do this? What would be the best way to set this up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Laurie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CreedFeed

Total Posts:  74
Milwaukee, WI

I’m looking to do the exact same thing. Basically classify a customer as Retail or Wholesale. If a logged in customer is wholesale, display the wholesale price, otherwise display the retail price.

How would you go about setting this up?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JpSp

Total Posts:  4
Portugal

I have the same problem. I am very pleased with Magento. One of the great thinks about magento is that users with very few knowledge could use and configure it. But in this case i cant see how to do this:

I Have 3 types of prices (lets call it Price 1, 2 and 3) and i want to show the product information to users with no login ( guests) but hide the prices.

Then i will creat 3 types of users (one for each type of price). And then when the users log in my site they will see the price associated with the user group that they belong. I tried to do this with Tier Pricing but it dosn’t do what i actually need.

Another think that i am surprised is the fact that by default Magento show all catalog information to guest users.  I dont mind that guest users could see the product information ( description , image, wheight , etc) but not the price. But if i cant do that i would prefer that only registered users could acess the whole catalog information of the site (products and the associated information), and i think that isn´t an option for that.

Thats my dilema ( i have all thinks ready to start prodution and now this). I hope the magento comunity could help in this.

Thanks and Congratulations for All Developters od Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mt_Roxx

Total Posts:  1

Check this thread out - it answered the question for me: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9451/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community