Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Capture without making invoice

Mahi

Total Posts:  12
India

Capture process without making invoice against perticulor order.

Capture process needed on the basis of product order qty.

Using Magento Core API’s

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Smoto

Total Posts:  6
UK

I have a similar question.

I am building a payment module that allows direct payment to a payment gateway after running a 3D secure check. The cc info is being captured and stored locally.  I am using Authorize and Capture as my payment action.  This means that the invoice is being created and flagged as paid before I even redirect to the 3D secure page. I’m trying to find a way to either postpone the creation of the invoice until after I get authorization from the payment gateway. Alternatively if I can create the invoice but not have it flagged as paid initially this would be acceptable.

Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smoto

Total Posts:  6
UK

O.K. so after a bunch of digging I was able to find a work around.  I haven’t found a way to prevent the invoice being created when using authorize and capture, however it appears that the invoice can be forced to be created with an initial state other than ‘paid’.

In my capture function in the model I have inserted the following line.  This way the invoice is still created, however its status will not be set to paid until I set it later on in my code.

$payment->setForcedState(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Invoice::STATE_OPEN);

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community