Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Undo Bad Install of Regional Free Shipping extension

jabberjawtech

Total Posts:  8

After install of the extension, nothing works right.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/641/regional-free-shipping

Access to the admin part of magento now does not work. Get this error below.

a:5:{i:0;s:31:"Invalid mode for clean() method";i:1;s:2552:"#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Zend\Cache\Backend\File.php(532): Zend_Cache::throwException(’Invalid mode fo...’)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Zend\Cache\Backend\File.php(538): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->_clean(’C:\xampp\htdocs...’, ‘matchingAnyTag’, Array)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Zend\Cache\Backend\File.php(279): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->_clean(’C:\xampp\htdocs...’, ‘matchingAnyTag’, Array)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\lib\Zend\Cache\Core.php(452): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->clean(’matchingAnyTag’, Array)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\lib\Varien\Cache\Core.php(100): Zend_Cache_Core->clean(’matchingAnyTag’, Array)
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php(374): Varien_Cache_Core->clean(’matchingAnyTag’, Array)
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(1088): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->clean(Array)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\Url.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_App->cleanCache(Array)
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Admin\Model\Session.php(75): Mage_Adminhtml_Model_Url->renewSecretUrls()
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Admin\Model\Observer.php(55): Mage_Admin_Model_Session->login(’admin’, ‘wrubuP7U’, Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(1207): Mage_Admin_Model_Observer->actionPreDispatchAdmin(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\Mage.php(416): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(497): Mage::dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Controller\Action.php(130): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(407): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\app\Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\index.php(65): Mage::run()
#20 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:6:"/admin”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:5:"admin";}

The site is not displaying correctly, images are overlaping , item from database are not showing....i could go on and on. Everything was fin before it installed.

Using magento connect to install something, does it save original files?
Does it log changes, if so how do I find it?

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed or removed?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jabberjawtech

I have Magento ver. 1.4.0.0

And removing app/code/core/Zend/Cache folder only fixes the login issue for magento

After I remove it I am able to login, but Dashboard and System tabs are the only ones listed. And site functionality is still currupt.

If I try to go to magento connection manager, i get:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _pear_call_destructors() (previously declared in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\PEAR.php:775) in C:\xampp\htdocs\iphones\downloader\pearlib\php\PEAR.php on line 811........with cache folder removed

Magento Community
Magento Community

jabberjawtech

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/40757/

I used the pear.php from link above and was able to get into the magento connect, and uninstalled extension successfuly. How ever all the problems stayed. I think it installed outdated code. Any ideas on the bet way to undo what it did?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jabberjawtech

restored from backup, now have new problems.....but not this one

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community