Magento Forum

How would I remove the need for the quantity box? 

medic

Total Posts:  173
Sydney

I don’t need to have the quantity box on my shop.

How would I go about removing it?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

laurent

Total Posts:  75
Paris, France

If you mean the quantity in the product page, there is 3 templates files depending on product type.
For simple products, the file is app/design/frontend/your_interface/your_theme/template/catalog/product/view/type/simple.phtml

Remove all the <span class="qty-box">[...]</span>

And by the way, for those who want the input box value to be 1 by default instead of nothing:
find:

<input name="qty" type="text" class="input-text qty" id="qty" maxlength="12" value="<?php echo $this->getMinimalQty($_product) ?>"/>
and replace with:
<input name="qty" type="text" class="input-text qty" id="qty" maxlength="12" value="<?php echo $this->getMinimalQty($_product)? $this->getMinimalQty($_product): 1 ?>"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  888
London, UK

Note:

This still works. However, the file to modify is now addtocart.phtml and NOT simple.phtml.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Antonimo

Total Posts:  51
Sweden

This used to work when the quantity was in the separate product types (eg Simple) - Now that it is in addtocart.phtml, this change is global.

Is there a better solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

In what scenario would you not need a quantity box? Are all quantities 1 and therefore a qty field is pointless?

Could you not just change the input field from a text type to hidden, thus hiding it w/o removing it, so when you add to cart it still adds 1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kbiglione

Total Posts:  1

Most downloadable product scenarios render the quantity field unnecessary. It would be nice to be able to disable the QTY box by product type.

Magento Community
Magento Community

muzafar

Total Posts:  60
Lahore

lisali - 18 August 2008 06:47 AM

Note:

This still works. However, the file to modify is now addtocart.phtml and NOT simple.phtml.

Thanks!

thanks for guiding. i see late on your post after searching all files related to the products.

Web Development Guide Forum And NetGuidePlus

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cody James

Total Posts:  6

Yes, for downloadable products Quantity is not always needed. 

To remove it I replaced the line..

<input type="text" class="input-text qty" name="qty" id="qty" maxlength="12" value="<?php /*echo $this->getMinimalQty($_product)*/ ?>" />

With…

<?php if(!$_product->isVirtual()): ?>
<input type="text" class="input-text qty" name="qty" id="qty" maxlength="12" value="<?php /*echo $this->getMinimalQty($_product)*/ ?>" />
<?php endif; ?>

in addtocart.phtml

Works great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

7 uur

Total Posts:  23
The Netherlands / Holland

Cody James - 23 February 2010 10:00 AM

With…
<?php endif; ?>

in addtocart.phtml

Works great!

i tried to do this, but it didnt work, the box still appeared. Does this only work with downloadable products?, because i need only the virtual products to not show the quantitybox.

i use magento ver. 1.4.1.1 and edited this file: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml

thx

Magento Community
Magento Community

Philster53142

Total Posts:  67

How do I remove the quantity field from a bundled product?

It’s silly for customers to select quantities of various items and then be asked how many of those “bundles” they need. Perhaps I’m using bundled products a little bit differently but imagine you are buying towels. You select 1 bath sheet in white, 2 bath towels in blue, and 4 hand towels in blue. Then you are asked at the end how many of that configuration you need? that’s just seems silly. So I want to disable quantity box for bundles only.

I’m still on version 1.3.2.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

MERINEO

Total Posts:  9

7 uur - 13 October 2010 05:19 AM

Cody James - 23 February 2010 10:00 AM

With…
<?php endif; ?>

in addtocart.phtml

Works great!

i tried to do this, but it didnt work, the box still appeared. Does this only work with downloadable products?, because i need only the virtual products to not show the quantitybox.

i use magento ver. 1.4.1.1 and edited this file: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml

thx

Its working for me, i just delete line

<label for="qty"><?php echo $this->__('Qty:'?></label>
, because the quantity box dissapear, but label stays, so now its perfect...smile Im using 1.4.1.1 version of Magento.

Thanks for solution…

MERINEO

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayawlex

Total Posts:  3

Philster53142 - 19 October 2010 02:52 PM

It’s silly for customers to select quantities of various items and then be asked how many of those “bundles” they need. Perhaps I’m using bundled products a little bit differently but imagine you are buying towels. You select 1 bath sheet in white, 2 bath towels in blue, and 4 hand towels in blue. Then you are asked at the end how many of that configuration you need? that’s just seems silly. So I want to disable quantity box for bundles only.

anyone knows how to remove the qty box in bundled page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robm9000

Total Posts:  3

ayawlex - 08 August 2011 08:02 AM

Philster53142 - 19 October 2010 02:52 PM

anyone knows how to remove the qty box in bundled page?

Aside from the addtocart.phtml Qty box - the bundled products have an annoying habit of including additional quantity ‘Qty’ boxes per individual item - To remove them, you can edit any of the various layout components in the following directory:

htdocs/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/bundle/catalog/product/view/type/bundle/option/

To remove the Qty: in a dropdown you would need to edit ‘select.phtml’

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community