Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

modern theme broken after 1.4 upgrade

soundtraxx

Total Posts:  20
Red Wing, MN USA

I upgraded my install to 1.4 and on returning to my “modern” theme, the css appears to be broken. Are there a few files that need to be deleted somewhere?

View at http://www.quietremembrance.com/

Has any one else had this issue with a default theme?

Image Attachments
Picture 8.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

soundtraxx

Red Wing, MN USA

I’ve found that this css only breaks when the page is a single column or two column?

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mood65

Total Posts:  8

Same problem here. How did you get the modern theme working in 1.4 after you had the problems displayed in the image of your site quietremembrance.com?

Magento Community
Magento Community

soundtraxx

Red Wing, MN USA

On version 1.3.2.4 I had installed the extension for the modern theme via magento connect. I went in and un-installed it, and then unfortunately did a clean install of 1.4 and it cleared up the theme issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

attilacsorba

Total Posts:  10

Hello

I upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 and all my pages are as your thumbnails are, what did you end up doing to get the templates
back to normal, I have put in the 3 columns settings from the CMS pages menu, but this does not fix all of the pages,
any help would be greatly appreciated

Attila

Image Attachments
untitled.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

soundtraxx

Red Wing, MN USA

To be honest. I didn’t really end up with any satisfactory solution due to the other install problems encountered on 1.4.0.0, I completely un-installed, wiped databases, and started fresh this morning with a 1.4.0.1 install and so far everything looks good (so far).

Wish I could help more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tmort

Total Posts:  5

Did anyone figure out a problem?

I just upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2 and had an extremely hard time getting everything working. I needed to import all my customer data and order data, so I didn’t want just a clean install, but you’re telling me that if I wipe the DB and files and start new it’ll work. Is there any way to do that, but export/import all of my customer, order, and product data?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community