Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Priced attributes not updating price on front-end

lukemcr

Total Posts:  15

Hi all,

I have a couple of attributes on some of my products that, when selected, increase the price of the product. (The product itself is the base price: optional attributes add to the price.)

It should work like this:
http://demo.magentocommerce.com/zolof-the-rock-and-roll-destroyer-lol-cat-t-shirt-1.html

If you choose a shirt size and then the color green, the price for the shirt goes up $5.25.

My Magento install doesn’t do that anymore, and I can’t figure out why - you can select an attribute, but the price isn’t updated. I’ve restored some of my old backups, and that either doesn’t work or horribly breaks things.

I’ve already confirmed that the live app/design/frontend/default//template_name/product/view/type/options/configurable.phtml file is identical to all my backups - it hasn’t been changed.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aizadgreat

Total Posts:  4

I have same problem with mine. I use the modern theme/skin on 1.4.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lukemcr

Total Posts:  15

I forget precisely how I ended up fixing this, but it involved going back to my backups and restoring from one of those. I don’t remember the exact file I made the changes in, but it was in app/design/frontend/default/template/template/catalog/product/. It may have been view.phtml.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

voodish

Total Posts:  20

Make sure the following is present in app/design/frontend/default/template/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(\'product_type_data\') ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community