Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing multiple valued attributes

Ron Phillips

Total Posts:  57

Not sure if that’s phrased properly, but I’m in the process of exporting data from a drupal cart to import into magento. This is for a comic book company and I’ve created custom attributes for issue credits (ie. writer, artist, creator, colorist ...) and allowed them to have multiple selections. Sometimes there will be multiple creators for various roles.

Is there a mechanism in the DataFlow to allow me to import multiple values for an attribute?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

The best way to find out how to import something through DataFlow is to manually create an item with test values to the attributes, then export that item from DataFlow and review how it was exported.

In the case of multiselect fields, with a CSV the format is “Value , Value , Value” (space comma space between each value).

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2193

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community