Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Questions about tablerates…. 

Ninereeds

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I’ve recently installed Magento and I’m trying to discover it.
I’m trying to create a store with products I’ll deliver by myself to customers, but only in a specific area, which means I certainly have to use tablerates. I’m french so I need to configure tablerates with french regions and cities’ zipcodes I will deliver but I first try to do it with american states. It seems to work when, for example, I set shipping prices to $2 in Hawaii and $3 to Alaska but when I add another shipping price of $4 for a specific zipcode in Hawaii (like 96701) it doesn’t work. When I enter 96701 into the zipcode’s field in the frontend like a customer does when he enters his address of delivery, the shipping price is still $2 instead of $4.

Is it really possible to have different shipping prices between different cities ?

For information I’ve already read “How do I set up table rate shipping ?” into the magento website’s knowledge base.

You can ask me if you need more information about my problem.

Thank you by advance !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ninereeds

Total Posts:  4

Nobody knows how I can do this ? or maybe my explanations aren’t clear… I really need help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tesla

Total Posts:  19

Ninereeds - 11 May 2008 05:19 AM

Nobody knows how I can do this ? or maybe my explanations aren’t clear… I really need help

Have the same problem. I like magento alot and cudos to the magento team. However geting replies to posts in forum is like russian roullette. Sometimes you get an answer sometime not.
Have tried to get it to work with different price for different zips but No luck at all....6 days gone the drain....
Wish you good luck!
Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community