Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error at Dashboard, 1.4.0 [SOLVED]

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

Fatal errorCall to undefined method Mage_Reports_Model_Mysql4_Order_Collection::addCreateAtPeriodFilter() in /home/idcountr/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Totals.php on line 51

Going to that line in Totals.php and commenting out “->addCreateAtPeriodFilter($period)” gets it working again - but it’s a hack.

Doing a search for the addCreateAtPeriodFilter() function across my install directory yeilds:

[root@host public_html]# fgrep -irl "addCreateAtPeriodFilter" *
app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Totals.php
app
/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Mysql4/Order/Collection.php

Should addCreateAtPeriodFilter be defined anywhere else? It just looks like it can’t find the function - but I don’t know why.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

Just incase anyone else runs in to this (or a similar) problem. It just looks like some lib files were not properly updated.

I solved it by:
1) Download 1.4.0.1, untar/zip/whatever it - you only need the /lib directory
2) On your installation, delete /lib
3) Replace /lib with the /lib in the downloaded version
4) For good measure, rm -rf /var/cache/* /var/session/*

Magento Community
Magento Community

Itosa

Total Posts:  39

I had same problem. After re-copying fresh lib still it was not solved in my case.

Finally figured out some of the core override codes at /app/code/local/Mage folder was creating problem, so remaning /app/code/local/Mage to /app/code/local/Magex allowed me to login into admin. I still need to find which module actually caused the problem.

regards,
itosasia

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community