Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Official Magento UK Translation (en_GB)

Very Clever Stuff

Total Posts:  90
Sheffield, UK

Yep, that’s right! I double checked and the ‘check’ references are all ok. It’s a shame things like the payment methods aren’t translated too.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisc

Total Posts:  5

Just checking out the latest uk language pack and found a couple of instances of the word ‘cart’ left untranslated
Mage_Downloadable.csv
line 13

also in file:
Mage_Email_Templates.csv
744 and 786

Mage_Checkout.csv

also on the ‘classic’ theme on the top right of the header the word cart is used.
this can be sorted by adding to following to Mage_Checkout.csv after line 162

“There is <strong>1 item</strong> in your cart","There is <strong>1 item</strong> in your basket”
“There are <strong>%s items</strong> in your cart","There are <strong>%s items</strong> in your basket”

can these changes be incorperated into the language pack please.

btw. excellent work so far, saves me the tedium of starting from scratch.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Very Clever Stuff

Sheffield, UK

Cheers, I’ve corrected those references now, and just set the extension to update.

For things like this, you can also enter the corrections here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/langs

And I’ll get an email that they’re there then.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisc

sorry, could work out where to enter the corrections.

here is one more that i missed.
under line 162 like before.

“Your <a href=""%s"">Shopping cart</a> is empty.","Your <a href=""%s"">Shopping basket</a> is empty.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Very Clever Stuff

Sheffield, UK

Are you sure about that one? I can’t find it in the translation files. Are you using your own/an old version of the translation rather than the extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Hi Guys,

I kept getting an “Unable to save delivery” and the same for invoice message. I’ve narrowed it down to a buggy default template in en_GB.

The order_new.html does go through, invoice_new and shipment_new don’t.

Using Beyond Compare to have a look at them, I see these differences:

Order New (Does Work) Line 62:

{{var order.getShippingAddress().format('html')}}

Invoice New (Doesn’t Work) Line 62:

{{var order.shipping_address.format('html')}}

So that’s order.getShippingAddress() versus order.shipping_address. Same vs Shipment New

Hope this helps other people with similar issues where emails aren’t going out to punters.

Also note in Order New on line 55 ish, the heading reads “Deliver Information” missing the y.

Unrelated, somewhere on the customer account (don’t exactly remember) there’s a typo saying “Print All Deiveries”

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

London-ish, UK

Actually, they need even more work…

After applying the above fixes, they still fail on the content blocks they include for displaying the ordered items, tracking etc.

In shipment_new.html, replace lines:

{{block type='core/template' area='frontend' template='email/order/items_shipment.phtml' shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

<br/>
{{block type='core/template' area='frontend' template='email/order/shipment_track.phtml' shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

With:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_shipment_items" shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

<br/>
{{block type="core/template" area="frontend" template="email/order/shipment/track.phtml" shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

This successfully makes items shipped and tracking details appear.

Now in invoice_new.html…

Replace line

{{block type='core/template' area='frontend' template='email/order/items_invoice.phtml' invoice=$invoice order=$order}}

With:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_invoice_items" invoice=$invoice order=$order}}

That makes the invoiced items appear.

I’ve not managed to get var items_html showing on the order_new.html template yet, but at least that one isn’t breaking. Just omitting important information. Scratch that, got that fixed now too.

In order_new.html

Replace line:

{{var items_html}}

With:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_items" order=$order}}

This makes everything show neatly, without any nasty undescriptive errors causing emails not to be sent.

To complete the set, here’s the fix for the credit memo:

Replace

{{block type='core/template' area='frontend' template='email/order/items_creditmemo.phtml' creditmemo=$creditmemo order=$order}}

With:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_creditmemo_items" creditmemo=$creditmemo order=$order}}

It’s weird how some require block, and others layout. I can’t put my finger on it but at least these 4 email templates which are arguably most important, work now.

Only thing not yet tested is whether comments come through or break things on any of these.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisc

Very Clever Stuff - 25 February 2009 11:31 PM
Are you sure about that one? I can’t find it in the translation files. Are you using your own/an old version of the translation rather than the extension?[/quote

im using the official extension but im using the “Magento Classic Theme” , am assuming we need to include translations for all common themes?

Thanks,

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Very Clever Stuff

Sheffield, UK

Hmm. What version of Magento are you running? 1.2 should be fine, but there may be things missing from the 1.0 or 1.1 versions (but I’m not sure if the extensions and/or translations are different).

JT: I’m just updating the extension with those changes. Sorry for the delay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

London-ish, UK

No problem. I was surprised no one else had mentioned this. Seems like an important thing to me, checking these e-mails work. Glad I could help fixing them up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

London-ish, UK

Here’s another small one. In an order, when I click the Deliveries tab it says “Date Delivered” a direct pseudo-translation from “Date Shipped” but with a totally different meaning. Should be “Date Sent” or “Date Dispatched” instead.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris @ Cora

Total Posts:  17
UK

Hi,

I’m nearing the end of my first UK Magento site and am looking at applying this extension.  Can I install this seeing as my site uses modified templates (mainly the design of the site)?  Do I need to backup any files before installing this?

Thanks
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Very Clever Stuff

Sheffield, UK

Should be fine Chris.

J.T.: that’s been changed, not sure if I updated the extension so I’ve just done it now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

Absolute FANTASTIC work, and thank you very much to everyone involved in this, as it’s just saved me ALOT of time smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

justlooking

Total Posts:  10

Hi,

Have just found this extension and installed it. A lot of things have changed which is great but have noticed on the product page it is still using the word tax instead of vat. The checkout however has changed.

Is there somewhere else I should be changing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community