How is it possible that to date there is still no complete GB locale for Magento? The official one, available from http://www.magentocommerce.com/translations/download/2 is inconsistent at best. I transferred all folders manually, just to make sure that I knew exactly what they contained, and noticed that the email > sales folder was empty. One of the main reason I wanted to install the GB locale was to change “cart” to “basket” without having to manually change all instances in the template files. I am now looking at my “basket” and I have this:
- Page title: Shopping basket (great)
- Such and such product was added to your shopping cart (pants)
- Update shopping basket (good)
- Clear shopping cart (bummer)
- Top link: My Basket (fine)
- Empty basket: Shopping cart is empty (poo)
While I appreciate the work that someone obviously did tocreate this locale, they clearly left the job unfinished. As it stands, this package is unusable and should not even be available to download - it just creates confusion for customers and store managers.
It seems that going into the template files one by one is the only solution at the moment.