Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.0.0 - Cannot Refresh Indexes

egojab

Total Posts:  21

taocode’s InnoDB solution fixed one of the reindexing problems, but I still have 3 that error out.

Product Attributes
Product Prices
Tag Aggregation Data

I’m trying to upgrade from a 1.3.XX store to keep all the data and everything, but I’ve ran into this problem every time I’ve tried to upgrade.
I’ve had to do the hack with the upgrade file “mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php”
As mentioned before, I wonder if finding the fix to that problem will also help fix these other problems.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

egojab

Total Posts:  21

After digging into the exception.log file, it appears there’s some foreign key constraint problems.

2010-06-11T14:33:19+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_EAV_ATTRIBUTEFOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `eav_attribute` (`attribute_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE O)
2010-06-11T14:34:32+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_price`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_PRICE_WEBSITEFOREIGN KEY (`website_id`) REFERENCES `core_website` (`website_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON U)
2010-06-11T14:34:35+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_EAV_ATTRIBUTEFOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `eav_attribute` (`attribute_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE O)

Any thoughts?
I also tried to manually put in the tables that the “mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php” file creates, but there seemed to be some foreign key contraint problems to that SQL command as well.
I’m not a SQL expert, so I’m a bit lost with regards to trying to just fix these issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitiser

Total Posts:  29

I was getting “cannot initialize the indexer process” when trying to index the Catalog Search Index.

After trying a few of the suggestions in this thread, I had a look at the table in PHPMyAdmin and it was shown as being In Use.  I repaired the table and was then able to reindex the data.  Working like a charm now.

This was magento 1.4.1.0.

HTH

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

egojab - 11 June 2010 05:40 AM

After digging into the exception.log file, it appears there’s some foreign key constraint problems.

2010-06-11T14:33:19+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_EAV_ATTRIBUTEFOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `eav_attribute` (`attribute_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE O)
2010-06-11T14:34:32+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_price`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_PRICE_WEBSITEFOREIGN KEY (`website_id`) REFERENCES `core_website` (`website_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON U)
2010-06-11T14:34:35+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`XXXXXX/catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_EAV_ATTRIBUTEFOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `eav_attribute` (`attribute_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE O)

Any thoughts?
I also tried to manually put in the tables that the “mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php” file creates, but there seemed to be some foreign key contraint problems to that SQL command as well.
I’m not a SQL expert, so I’m a bit lost with regards to trying to just fix these issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Try adding this to the top of your SQL query:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

Magento Community
Magento Community

khoffma4

Total Posts:  18

If you are getting “Some problem with reindexing process.” or “Can’t initialize indexer process”,
the script that Rahman put up here worked for me. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/176845/

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

egojab - 11 June 2010 05:40 AM

Any thoughts?

Ah I see now that you were actually getting this from an already-imported database.

The best way to nuke all key constraints is to export the database via PHPMyAdmin - it puts all key constraints at the bottom of the dump.

Edit the dump and at the top write:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

And at the bottom beginning at the key constraint section, just wipe everything out.

Import the database dump into a new database, pair Magento with it, and try it again. If it works, great! The only other step would be to repair the database to make sure the proper constraints are in place - this prevents Magento from nuking itself.

Follow this wiki for that part;

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/db-repair-tool

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

One more possible problem that may cause the reindex issue.

A site suddenly couldn’t reindex Catalog Search Index which resulted search not working on the frontend. A visit to log files I found there were a number server hiccups, tried many things couldn’t get it fixed so I decided to repair database and this fixed the issue. My guess is the server hiccups must had corrupted the database.

For those who are not comfortable in the PhpMyAdmin, you can do the database repair from Cpanel/Control Panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spectrumaudio

Total Posts:  39

Merchant Guru - 02 May 2010 10:02 PM

I get the Some problem with reindexing process error, and I\’ve tried just about everything. My error is related only to Product Prices, and I believe the index error is related to custom options. Anyone know a way to \"re-do\" all my custom options, whether there\’s a way to do it in the database?

I had the same error. It was a problem re-indexing Product Prices. Went to phpmyadmin and emptied table catalog_product_entity_tier_price. You will lose your tier pricing, but will re-index after you do so.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Total Posts:  56
Southern California

The problem is infact with the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table. However DON’T delete it. From looking at a couple of stores I have, it seems that when adding tiered pricing to products, they don’t get removed when you remove a product. Look at this table, and usually it will be the first few rows that were added. Check the second column, “entity_id” against the product id of your products (not the SKU) the product id that is listed on the left side when you go to Admin > Catalog > Manage Products.  Then delete any rows in the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table that no longer have a product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nathan.bolin

Total Posts:  4

I am unable to reindex the product flat data.  When I try to, i receive the following error message:

Cannot initialize the indexer process.

When I check the excecption.log file in the var/log I see the error:

2010-10-26T20:28:16+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

All others re-index just fine.  No products are showing in the frontend and I have about 15,000 in the backend. I have been stuck for a couple of days now.  Can anyone help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

@nathan.bolin

You may have so many attributes that you’ve exceeded at 255 per field (column), the 65535 maximum row capacity. MySQL Column Count Limit

One of the things that can be done is to shrink the column width as per this page: Sonassi MySQL Limitations on the Flat Catalog in Magento

The other is to check for this misconfiguration and adjust appropriately: Amitsamtani Index Manager error on Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

outline2009

I’m getting a slightly different error in my 1.4.1.0 installation. All has been going great until I recently upgraded to a semi-dedicated server, and installed an SQL certificate. The only other thing I did was enable “Use Flat Catalog Category” in system>config>catalog and then disable it. Now the option is grayed out. I’m still fresh with Magento so it might be something obvious that I’m missing!

In System>Index Management, Category Flat Data is stuck on “Processing” status and when I click to reindex, the error says:

“There was a problem with the reindexing process.”

Anyone have a solution? This is really bothering me because other than this my store is running perfectly!

Thanks,
Mike

Image Attachments
indexingcapture.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

outline2009 - 08 November 2010 01:23 PM

I’m getting a slightly different error in my 1.4.1.0 installation. All has been going great until I recently upgraded to a semi-dedicated server, and installed an SQL certificate. The only other thing I did was enable “Use Flat Catalog Category” in system>config>catalog and then disable it. Now the option is grayed out. I’m still fresh with Magento so it might be something obvious that I’m missing!

In System>Index Management, Category Flat Data is stuck on “Processing” status and when I click to reindex, the error says:

“There was a problem with the reindexing process.”

Anyone have a solution? This is really bothering me because other than this my store is running perfectly!

Thanks,
Mike

Same here, out of nowhere.
Any solution yet?

All we did - before it worked perfectly - was import new products with a new attribute set and (text)values. Those are not visible and reindex no longer works.

“Some problem with reindexing process”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anthony Charrex

Total Posts:  47
Geneva, Switzerland

To force the refresh of “Catalog URL Rewrites “ (if blocked to Processing state), truncate the table “core_url_rewrite” and restart the index process !

Magento Community
Magento Community

outline2009

Still no worky… no issues found within the site with “Category Flat Data” not reindexing until today. Tried to drag and drop categories to move popular ones to the top, and no such luck. I can drop and drag, but it won’t stay there no matter what I do. Anybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community