Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
1.4.0.0 - Cannot Refresh Indexes

sixsicsix

Total Posts:  23

Upon trying to refresh any index, especially flat category, I get this:

Some problem with reindexing process.

And upon trying to save products, I get some error about a new table with the word ‘index’ in it - I created this table and now Magento’s QQing about a missing column. WTF?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

Same problem with product prices index.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rjesus

Total Posts:  3

I cannot refresh the product flat data, also I’m unable to see the majority of the products in my front end. I feel as though I’m very close to successfully upgrading on my test site, any help on finding out the indexing issue would help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecostella

Total Posts:  2

Problems with re-indexing generally has to do with incorrect file permissions. Follow the instructions at Resetting File Permissions to reset them, then try re-indexing again.

You may also need to change the ownership of the files if setting permissions doesn’t work, but who to change them to varies greatly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aqualiv

Total Posts:  11

Still cannot reindex ‘Product Prices’ and ‘Category Flat Data’, even after using the magento-cleanup.php tool....

Both indexes give the error message “Some problem with reindexing process"… Profoundly helpful error message. Anyone know of a way to get some sort of helpful error reporting when reindexing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanpok

Hello Everybody!

I put the same message on another topic before but I have also an problem with the reindex process after installing Magento 1.4.0.0. I use scripts and cronjobs to rebuild catalog, update stock status, etc. In the admin there occure no errors. I update my shop often and manually is not an option. Only my scripts are not working anymore:

For example:  Mage :: getSingleton( ‘cataloginventory/stock_status’ ) -> rebuild();
needs to run now for over 30 minutes instead of 2 minutes (in admin it takes 15 seconds)

Also: Mage :: getModel( ‘catalogindex/catalog_index_flag’ ) -> loadSelf();
this gives me now following error SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘attribute_id’ in ‘where clause’

Somebody knows how to fix this?
Thanks, Johan

Magento Community
Magento Community

rjesus

Has anybody been able to figure this out yet? My store is working fine, however I’m not fully confident seeing the error unable to reindex ‘product flat data’. Has magento offered any information on this issue? any help or direction appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Okizoo

Total Posts:  34
Bangkok, Thailand

1.4.0.1 has the same issue.

Anyone have a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MAtt*!

Total Posts:  10

Very annoying issue! I had fully tested my store in my sandbox, but since promoting the same indexing issue is occuring.........ill be working on this on my live store now for a few hours before rollback. If i have a solution i will post it.........fingers crossed!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

A.D.

hi,
it helped me to clear table catalog_product_index_eav and few similar before this one don’t have clue which one affected the result. next time it will occure to me, i will document it more properly.
cheers, a.d.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AvenueVERVE

Total Posts:  21
California

we had a problem with the files located in var/locks being not writeable such as index_process_1.lock, etc. We deleted them, made sure the var/locks directory was writeable, and then were able to run the indexing processes successfully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdultPlayParlor

Total Posts:  11
Alamogordo, NM

AvenueVERVE - 24 March 2010 06:22 PM

we had a problem with the files located in var/locks being not writeable such as index_process_1.lock, etc. We deleted them, made sure the var/locks directory was writeable, and then were able to run the indexing processes successfully.

Tried this in 1.4.0.1 and it did not work for me any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bostjan@neolink.si

Total Posts:  1

I have same issues plus the fact that other reindexes that do work (only 2 of them have this “reindexing” error) take few hours to complete. I have 40000 products and it’s not so cool that apache2 hogs the cpu at 90-100% for those reindexing hours :(

Any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gercol

Total Posts:  10

what a pity ,i’ve the same problem with you .

but until now i can’t fix it ,aslo i haven’t seen sm to do that .

i think if there are some method to let the code in mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php run , we’ll get the answer !

wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikkeledb

Same problem here. I’ve only researched this for 2 days though and I’m already giving up as I can’t find a way to get more information on this error.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
xammp install (PHP Version 5.2.5, mysql 5.0.51)

During installation (manual install) I had problems with the mysql4 upgrade file 19-20. Followed a hint on this forum to delete and this made install complete. Is this causing issues now?

The following can not be reindexed:
- Product Attributes
- Product Prices
- Product Flat Data
- Category Flat Data
- Stock status

The following continue to reindex with no issues:
- Catalog Url Rewrites
- Category Products
- Catalog Search Index

This is running locally and I am accessing the site through 127.0.0.1 as stated in installation guide. I’ve double checked magento mysql permission and all is good. Without more error details I cannot go any further. Has anyone with this issue (I suspect there’s quite a few out there) cracked it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tulsagraphics

Total Posts:  6

AvenueVERVE - 24 March 2010 06:22 PM

This worked for me!!!!  Yes! Finally!!!

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4