Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

choosable options

telder4336

Total Posts:  21

I have created a product in my store, but how can I let customers shoose the color of that product? I would like to create a dropdown with the various colors that users can choose from but when I create teh attribute it doesn’t seem to work, even when I make the product configurable.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kenosis

Total Posts:  45

There is a very good screen cast on this topic.  You can find it by searching this site for screencast.  Note that the User Experience is pre-Mage 1.0 but its not too far off in terms of flow and clicks.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Magento Community
Magento Community

telder4336

They need to make newer screencasts or at least have a downloadable admin manual....not having any documentation whatsoever really sucks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

telder4336

Maybe if they didn’t post it in their wiki and it was somewhere people could find it more easily it would be ok. I was able to create a product just like the screencast said to but you go into the product and you still cannot shoos any of the configuarable options and it says out of stock even though the related products and the configurable product themselves all have stock under them in the admin panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

telder4336

Does anyone have a solution for this? I created a configurable product just like in the screencast, yet when I go to my front end it shows that it is out of stock and won’t show me the configuarable options for the item. I have the items inventory set to “In Stock” and each configurable piece has a positive inventory number. So what do I have to do for this item to show it’s instock and for the configurable pieces to show up o nthe front end?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Did you make sure that also each simple product in addition to having stock have also status “In Stock?”

Magento Community
Magento Community

telder4336

yes, there are only two simple products that are related to the configurable product and both of them are list as “In Stock” with a stock number for inventory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@telder4336
PM me your admin login, I will try to check it for you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community