Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Added new products don’t show up in 1.4.0.0

Mom2B

Total Posts:  24

OK, next issue. New added products don’t show up in frontend. Refreshed and re-indexed everything but no show…
What the **** can I do now!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hikerguy1900

Total Posts:  4

I’m struggling with the same issue. Right now I’m assuming it is me, but, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, read Knowledge Base articles and watched screen casts but still new products don’t show up. There has got to be a check box somewhere I’m not setting!

Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikerguy1900

I’ve now tried upgrading to 1.4.0.1 as well as just duplicating an existing product, but, still no luck.

Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikerguy1900

Problem solved!

As I said earlier I felt like there must be a check box somewhere I wasn’t setting, it turns out it was a drop down list!

I was entering a non zero value in the Inventory Qty field, but, not setting the “Stock Availability” field to “In Stock”. Going back and setting the stock availability field to “In Stock” for all the products I created or duplicated from existing products makes them all show up in the front end!! grin

Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanf

Total Posts:  20

The “out of stock” behavior changed from Magento 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0.1. Previously out of stock items would still show in the catalog, and users could view the product page. Except the “add to cart” button would not be available, and it said out of stock.

In 1.4.0.1 any item that has “Qty” = 0 or “Stock Availability” = “Out of Stock” in the Admin will not show up on the frontend catalog. Both must be set or it won’t be visible. This is in addition to being set as “Enabled” and visible in “Catalog/Search” values.

Check here:
“Admin > Catalog > Manage Products > {Product} > Inventory”

Afterward you may have to rebuild the index.

@ Magento --- Would be nice to have this documented somewhere. Hint. Hint.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanf

The “out of stock” behavior changed from Magento 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0.1. Previously out of stock items would still show in the catalog, and users could view the product page. Except the “add to cart” button would not be available, and it said out of stock.

In 1.4.0.1 any item that has “Qty” = 0 or “Stock Availability” = “Out of Stock” in the Admin will not show up on the frontend catalog. Both must be set or it won’t be visible. This is in addition to being set as “Enabled” and visible in “Catalog/Search” values.

Check here:
“Admin > Catalog > Manage Products > {Product} > Inventory”

Afterward you may have to rebuild the index.

@ Magento --- Would be nice to have this documented somewhere. Hint. Hint.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanf

Sorry for the double post, no way to delete it.

Found another Admin setting that affects this:
“Admin > System > Config > Catalog > Inventory > Stock Options > Display out of stock products”
The default value is NO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

viktorlantos

Budapest, Hungary

brendanf - 25 February 2010 01:22 PM

Sorry for the double post, no way to delete it.

Found another Admin setting that affects this:
“Admin > System > Config > Catalog > Inventory > Stock Options > Display out of stock products”
The default value is NO.

Yup this did the job. Just need to turn this on. And reindex your products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magewidgets

Total Posts:  18
USA

if anyone is looking for a \"new products widget\” part of some of the new features in 1.4 we\’ve developed a widget http://www.magewidgets.com/magento-widgets/new-products-widget.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

sweber76

Total Posts:  3

None of these options worked!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community