Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

when i try to import data i get invalid date

abcdefgmichael

Total Posts:  1

hi

when i try to import data i get invalid date . I have set the attributes and attribute set before doing the import and the correct mappings but stll i get an invalid date i dont know what this means on import do you??

I have noticed that there is a column in the database called low_stock date
but when i edit my csv file and input a date
say
“2010-02-11 21:30:30”,
I still get invalid date???

in profile wizard i use interactive
value delimiter ,
enclose values in “
original magento attribute yes

what i have done created attributes and attribute set for new product and then created a simple product with this attribute set then i exported the file and wrote a script to arange my database to match that of magentos and then i well trying to import the data
can you help
if you can help i will be delighted to hear from you
regards
michael

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

paradroid

Total Posts:  4

hi michael,

within your csv file are date related columns which provide an empty (or corrupt) string as a date.
Magento tries to parse this string, but cannot resolve <nothing or empty or null> values.

SOLUTION (Thanks to open source!) : delete those columns within Excel !

e.g.:
custom_layout_update
special_from_date
special_to_date
news_from_date
custom_design_from
custom_design_to
news_to_date
low_stock_date

and maybe more ...

(Don’t use OpenOfficeCalc and save as a csv file. This creates an unvalid import file. (Just take a look at the raw file.) Create a small (bash) script to transform it into a valid one before uploading.)

cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Neovidere

Total Posts:  17

I had this same problem. Luckily for me it worked until I changed 1 thing and then it broke. Lucky because I knew right where to look and it was an easy fix.

I am using quotes inside quotes so I use an escape like this: \”

I had one out of place. When I fixed it, it imported just fine.

This may not be your problem but it may help someone else

Magento Community
Magento Community

thilan87189

Total Posts:  1

Please check your columns in csv file. Magento does not allow to keep two blank columns in csv file.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community