Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mystery $9 shipping and handling fee appears in paypal checkout (1.4.0)

magentazm

Total Posts:  29

Please see screenshots.  USPS is set to not have any handling fee, and the cart is created appropriately, however when it gets to paypal there is a mystery $9 handling fee.

Image Attachments
part 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentazm

This is what I see in paypal.

Image Attachments
part 2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentazm

Hello?  I’ve had to revert to 1.3 to fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentazm

Hello?  PLEASE!  Apparently users are still getting this bug, infrequently, even now I have rolled back.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentazm

I found the problem.  In paypal, there are options to control shipping charges.  I set them up a while back.

Paypal applies these charges, as you’ve set them up, to all orders to it’s carts and from 3rd party carts.

However, if the cart already includes shipping, it ignores it’s own internal handling charges and they will be invisible.

Recently, I added free shipping.  Because there are no shipping charges with free shipping, paypal perks up and adds in the P&P;rules you’ve set up itself.

So, if you have this problem, check paypal for any errant P&P;rules.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community