Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem creating products with magento 1.4.0.0

novon

Total Posts:  13

Hey there,

I just did a fresh install of the latest magento release (1.4.0.0). I try to create a new product by entering only the required fields and clicking the Save button. This brings up a ‘Please wait...’ message and from there nothing happens, the cart just hangs.

Thanks for the help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

punavuori

Total Posts:  8

I get exactly the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

novon

It may also be worth noting that I got some messages when first loading up the admin telling me I needed to reindex a bunch of things. The re-indexing was successful.

I’m going to try scrapping the whole install and starting from scratch, hopefully that fixes things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

novon

I just set up another clean install of 1.4. After the installation completed I clicked the ‘Go to Backend’ button and was taken to http://dev.mydomain.com/index.php/admin/. Under the login box I see this message: ‘Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0’. After logging into the backend I see the following: ‘One or more of the Indexes are not up to date:  Product Attributes, Product Prices, Catalog Url Rewrites, Product Flat Data, Category Flat Data, Category Products, Catalog Search Index, Stock status. Click here to go to Index Management and rebuild required indexes.’

So far everything is the same as last time. I decided to not rebuild the indexes, instead I just tried to create a new product and just like last time I get the “Please wait...” dialog that never goes away.

Magento Community
Magento Community

novon

Alright I just scrapped this last install of 1.4 and installed 1.3.2.4. Under this version products save fine so the previous issue seems to be a 1.4 thing.

Strange things are happening in 1.3.2.4 as well though. For example, I created a category and it does not display on the front end. I tried going to the sitemap and it wasnt there either. The test product I created was displayed under the products sitemap though.

Maybe its my host to blame for this? I ran the magento-check.php file and here are the results:

Congratulations! Your server meets the requirements for Magento.

* You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
* Safe Mode is off
* You have MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
* You have the curl extension
* You have the dom extension
* You have the gd extension
* You have the hash extension
* You have the iconv extension
* You have the mcrypt extension
* You have the pcre extension
* You have the pdo extension
* You have the pdo_mysql extension
* You have the simplexml extension

Help would be much appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

papucla10

Total Posts:  1

I have the same problem I can’t add products I get the please wait window now body seams to be able to fix it. I need help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community