Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products do not exist beyond the front page, when i want to view the product I get an error, when i want to put it in the cart same error…

Jenas

Total Posts:  42
Germany

Hi,

I’m really getting frustrated because despite everything seeming right and my products being displayed on the front page, I cannot view the product details or put any thing in the shopping cart.

I get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /..my magento folder../..category../...product-xyz.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can somebody help me please?

I’ll grateful for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

This looks like your htaccess is not working. Maybe mod_rewrite is not enabled on your server?

Also try refreshing the catalog rewrites: In the admin go to system>cache management and click on the refresh button for Catalog Rewrites.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jenas

Germany

Thanks any way, Claudia I did, but nothing seems to work.  It can’t be so difficult!!! I have been searching forums for even anybody with a similar problem, nothing. Looks like everyone else who gets their products to show can do whatever else they want with them.

I can’t put them in the cart, I can’t view the product details, just have them listed on my home page… :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jenas

Germany

Thanks to all the users who post useful tips on this forum! My Magento Shop works!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Could you give some info about what you did to get it working again? This way anyone having the same problem can read what to do.

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jenas

Germany

Hi Claudia,
That is a good idea! I changed a couple of things (as suggested by others in the forums and elsewhre) and ended up having a “500” internal error along the way but I think what did it was copying the contents of .htaccess_sample into my .htaccess. From that point on it worked!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community