Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t update shopping cart quantity

tm1579

Total Posts:  5

After upgrade from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 , it has problem with update quantity of shopping cart in community version 1.8.1. For example just change quantity from 1 to 2 and hit update, the quantity did not change.
Any one see this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

realmind

Total Posts:  1
Chicago, IL

I’m experiencing the same exact issue. Anyone have a fix for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

emile_rdam

Total Posts:  89

Just tried it and unfortunately the same problem over here.

Just don’t understand why they call this a stable version with this kind of errors.

Any solutions out there yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

asantos_pt

Total Posts:  7

Same problem :(

Edit:

Found the possible solution! After digging a bit on the code I have found, at least, a workaround.

It seems this has the same problem as the post “Customers can not Login after upgrade to 1.81”, there isn’t a form key on the form of the checkout cart page thus it doesn’t validate correctly (ofc this should have sent something to the logs of throw an error message so one would know why this don’t work!). Why this happens on 1.8.1 I don’t know, but if you add:

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<? echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />
on your /app/design/frontend/<theme>/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml file, right after the ‘<form action=...’ around line 50 the qty updates seem to work.

Hope it helps you guys, however I think that this problem should probably be fixed in a more global way because there might be more forms that are affected by the lack of validation. If a more skilled programmer can look into this it would be better.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

mehode

Total Posts:  3

I had the same problem.

Check your file app/design/frontend/{{YOUR PACKAGE}}/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml
Compare this with the app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml file.

I just had a minor design change so I just copied the file from base and reapplied the design modification I originally had.

Magento Community
Magento Community

asantos_pt

Total Posts:  7

asantos_pt - 12 December 2013 05:38 PM

Same problem :(

Edit:

Found the possible solution! After digging a bit on the code I have found, at least, a workaround.

It seems this has the same problem as the post “Customers can not Login after upgrade to 1.81”, there isn’t a form key on the form of the checkout cart page thus it doesn’t validate correctly (ofc this should have sent something to the logs of throw an error message so one would know why this don’t work!). Why this happens on 1.8.1 I don’t know, but if you add:

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<? echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey(); ?>" />
on your /app/design/frontend/<theme>/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml file, right after the ‘<form action=...’ around line 50 the qty updates seem to work.

Hope it helps you guys, however I think that this problem should probably be fixed in a more global way because there might be more forms that are affected by the lack of validation. If a more skilled programmer can look into this it would be better.

Cheers

You can also use:

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
instead of the other code I posted above. It gives similar html code, but this is the same code that is used throughout the base and default templates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tm1579

Total Posts:  5

Thanks so much this solution works :  <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
for both customer can not login and shopping cart can’t update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pradeepsanku

Total Posts:  15

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
This worked for me.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sammbiz

Total Posts:  16

Some quick debugging:

Do you have any modifications to any of the core code?
Have you changed the PHTML for the product page? The cart page?
Are any errors logged in the exception or system logs?
Can you modify the quantities directly in the database?
What version of Magento are you using?

Hope this will help you in resolving the issue.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Website URL

Magento Community
Magento Community

oustin

Total Posts:  3

Many thanks
it works!!! when I added

Magento Community
Magento Community

jguiss

Total Posts:  75
France / Avignon

Perfect ! Thanks for this solution smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

We advise you to use GoMage ProCart extension. You will easily add products to cart, increase their quantity and the extension will update the cart automatically. Moreover, you will see the updated total.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leo Leung

Total Posts:  16

The form_key problem is very annoying which happens at many areas in magento.

To summarize, most of the form submission in magneto requires form_key now and there is a condition checking in the form post destination controller, if it cannot see the form_key, then the function returns and dont execute any more.

e.g. in the checkout review part, add to cart, checkout register form

Some people said they were not affected because they didnt overwrite those template, so that after upgraded, they could use the new version of template.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rbr8

Total Posts:  1

Use the “app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml” file content. Change your theme “cart.phtml” file content. It’s worked me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

konceptdesign

Total Posts:  4

Inserting
immediately after
<form action="<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/cart/updatePost') ?>” method="post">
and before
<fieldset>
works perfectly for me with my custom theme.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vizfx

Total Posts:  9

Same problem for me.
The solution with adding the code

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
did not work for me.
This line of code is present in the default theme.
I’m using a modified (CSS) Modern theme and Xogenics_CleanCarts extension.
Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community