Magento Forum

After update 1.4 no products showing

derekdon

Total Posts:  21

To anyone who’s products are not showing in the frontend, double check Product Information > Inventory > Qty has a positive value AND Stock Availability (the last dropdown) is set to “In Stock”. You may think setting the Qty would do it but you also need to set it to “In Stock”.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

derekdon

To anyone who’s products are not showing in the frontend, double check Product Information > Inventory > Qty has a positive value AND Stock Availability (the last dropdown) is set to “In Stock”. You may think setting the Qty would do it but you also need to set it to “In Stock”. This is easily over looked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

derekdon

sorry for the double post!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Okizoo

Total Posts:  34
Bangkok, Thailand

Not sure if these fixes relate to my issue. Products are showing up fine, but I cannot re-index data for Product Flat Data. It says on Processing.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Image Attachments
reindex.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

shaunp

Total Posts:  28

Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else, trust me I’ve been looking for an answer to this for days.

Like so many others here, I’ve upgraded to 1.4 and my products are no longer showing up on the client side. I decided to look at my products on the admin side and I noticed that under the “Product Information” section I’m missing some options. The General, Prices, Meta Information, Descriptions, Images and Design are all missing. I do have Inventory, Categories, Related Products, Up-Sells, Cross-Sells, Product Alerts, Product Reviews, Product Tags, Customers Tagged Product and Custom Options.

I’m pretty sure these two errors are related. What do I need to do to get back my Product Information options?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

I tried upgrading the admin and frontend extensions but get this error in MagentoConnect:

parsePackageName(): invalid package name "Interface_Frontend_Default " in "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default "
invalid package name/package file "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default "
PEAR ERRORinstall failed

No CMS pages, no static blocks and no products are showing up. I don’t have access to System > Index Management and only have two buttons in my Admin, “Dashboard” and “System”

Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Carlsen

Total Posts:  22

Thanks for the advice about enabling the exception log.

For my case I had to create the folder in [base dir]/var/log/ before the exception.log was created.

In my case I had a problem with the frontpage with a block
{{block type="catalog/product_bestsellers" name="home.catalog.product.bestsellers" alias="product_bestsellers" template="catalog/product/bestsellers.phtml"}}

Right now I just removed it, and it solved my problem.

Hope that any of you guys can use my experience as a help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

liesegang - 21 February 2010 08:42 AM

The reason why my products did not show in the frontend catalog was that the index for product prices was not successful rebuild. After looking in exception.log I noticed that there was an duplicate key which prevented the indexer to rebuild the index. I have then deleted the product which caused the duplicate key error, run the indexer again and after the product price index was build the products showed on the frontend catalog.

thanks for the tip dude.. however mine is a bit different

Exception message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`lajock_3/catalog_product_index_website`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_WEBSITE` FOREIGN KEY (`website_id`) REFERENCES `core_website` (`website_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

don’t know why, trying to debug..

Magento Community
Magento Community

chatlumo
Guru

Total Posts:  301
Paris

Hello,

Reindexing product attributes fail for me.
I enabled logging and i see this error :

2010-03-11T14:16:50+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`boutique/catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_EAV_ENTITYFOREIGN KEY (`entity_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE C)
Trace#0 /home/boutique/www/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/boutique/www/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/boutique/www/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#3 /home/boutique/www/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#4 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(146): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('INSERT INTO cat...')
#5 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(121): Mage_Index_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->insertFromSelect('SELECT * FROM c...', 'catalog_product...', Array, false)
#6 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(75): Mage_Index_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->insertFromTable('catalog_product...', 'catalog_product...', false)
#7 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Indexer/Eav/Abstract.php(51): Mage_Index_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->syncData()
#8 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Indexer/Eav.php(184): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Indexer_Eav_Abstract->reindexAll()
#9 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(125): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Indexer_Eav->reindexAll()
#10 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(139): Mage_Index_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#11 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(167): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#12 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Index/controllers/Adminhtml/ProcessController.php(124): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#13 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Index_Adminhtml_ProcessController->reindexProcessAction()
#14 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('reindexProcess')
#15 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#16 /home/boutique/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#17 /home/boutique/www/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#18 /home/boutique/www/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
#19 {main}

Do you know what can i do ?

So, how to have complete traces and not truncated traces (...) ?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

retyping the entire post because Magento board broke after submit!!

OK, so I resolved the problem that arose with indexing and catalog not displaying after upgrade. Problem was my sql tables were MyISAM engine, and they need to be InnoDB in order for ugrade to work.

So, first, my upgrade broke on this file:

app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php

so I had to trim it leaving only this in it:

$installer $this;

$installer->run("
-- Removing old index tables if exists
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `{
$installer->getTable('catalog/product')}_tier_price_idx`;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `{
$installer->getTable('core/website')}_date_idx`;
"
);

then I created those tables manually using phpmyadmin and this code:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `catalog_product_index_tier_price` (
  `
entity_idint(10unsigned NOT NULL,
  `
customer_group_idsmallint(5unsigned NOT NULL,
  `
website_idsmallint(5unsigned NOT NULL,
  `
min_pricedecimal(12,4) default NULL,

PRIMARY KEY  (`entity_id`,`customer_group_id`,`website_id`),

KEY `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_TIER_PRICE_CUSTOMER` (`customer_group_id`),

KEY `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_TIER_PRICE_WEBSITE` (`website_id`)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- 
Table structure for table `catalog_product_index_website`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `catalog_product_index_website` (
  `
website_idsmallint(5unsigned NOT NULL,
  `
datedate default NULL,
  `
ratefloat(12,4unsigned default '1.0000',

PRIMARY KEY  (`website_id`),

KEY `IDX_DATE` (`date`)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

So then, I had to convert my tables to InnoDB. Use the convert.php for that. make sure you edit mysql_connect line with your own parameters. If the script breaks telling you that a table does not exist, go to file and remove that table name line from tablesArray. You might have to do it several times. Make sure you don’t leave any empty lines. My friend suggested a better script:

$myIsamTables = array('tab1''tab2'...); // names of the tables you want to leave in MyISAM
$alltables mysql('show tables from DATABASE_NAME ');
foreach(
$alltables as $tableName{

if ($tableName in $myIsamTables

continue; 

}
  mysql
('ALTER TABLE $tableName ENGINE = InnoDB');
}

Then we have to recreate all keys. Use recreate.php for that. dont’ forget to use your own mysql data. After that I had to reinstall Mage_All_Latest and that was it. I’m now resolving the retarded toolbar.phtml issue.

edit: OK preview doesn’t work on this forum

File Attachments
convert.php  (File Size: 7KB - Downloads: 186)
recreate.php  (File Size: 84KB - Downloads: 154)

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Total Posts:  49

patcat - 16 February 2010 03:40 PM

Luis Simoes,

You just have to remove
/app/design/frontend/your theme/default/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml

and replace it by
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml

It works for me wink

Wow. Wish I had found your post yesterday.

Works for me as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Total Posts:  156
Italy

liesegang - 21 February 2010 10:25 AM

the exception.log showed the following error

2010-02-20T18:16:47+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1062 Duplicate entry '295-0-1-696' for key 'PRIMARY'
Trace#0 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)
#3 /eshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)

This was just a little help because one could only guess which table was meant. So I walked through the indices and noticed that only table catalog_product_index_price contains a primary index over 4 columns which could be meant by ‘295-0-1-696’. The first field 295 referes to catalog_product_entity.entity_id. I then deleted the row with entity_id = 295 and the error did not occur again. The new price index could be created and the products showed up again in the frontend.

Hope this helps.

Great! it works! I removed id from catalog_product_entity.
Now i can rebuilt “Product Prices” and all the products are visible on frontend!

thks

Magento Community
Magento Community

tragic_rich

Total Posts:  15
San Diego, CA

I am still having a problem where none of my products are showing up on the front-end. If I am logged in as a user everything works fine.
I have tried the suggestions in this thread but none of them worked.
Does anyone else have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tragic_rich

Total Posts:  15
San Diego, CA

If your products only show for customers that are logged in, here is the answer:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/177033/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbhansen

Total Posts:  13

patcat - 16 February 2010 03:40 PM

Luis Simoes,

You just have to remove
/app/design/frontend/your theme/default/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml

and replace it by
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml

It works for me wink

Worked for me too! Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community