Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After update 1.4 no products showing

patcat

Total Posts:  61

Thank you very much Matt !

I love UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

Me too, Matt.
It’s not a friendly approach, but it did the work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luis Simoes

Total Posts:  13

I have it on 0 already.... I continue without products on frontpage and specific categories pages…
So much time had passed and no one in magento team can understand what is going on?

Whats happening?

Magento Community
Magento Community

patcat

Total Posts:  61

Have a look maybe, it will help you !

Image Attachments
not logged in.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luis Simoes

That is exactly what i have.... So....

Magento Community
Magento Community

liesegang

Total Posts:  23

The reason why my products did not show in the frontend catalog was that the index for product prices was not successful rebuild. After looking in exception.log I noticed that there was an duplicate key which prevented the indexer to rebuild the index. I have then deleted the product which caused the duplicate key error, run the indexer again and after the product price index was build the products showed on the frontend catalog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

liesegang - 21 February 2010 08:42 AM

The reason why my products did not show in the frontend catalog was that the index for product prices was not successful rebuild. After looking in exception.log I noticed that there was an duplicate key which prevented the indexer to rebuild the index. I have then deleted the product which caused the duplicate key error, run the indexer again and after the product price index was build the products showed on the frontend catalog.

Hummm, the same problem…
What table and what field you search for duplicate entry?

To help some people, you can find duplicates entries running this:

SELECT skuCOUNT(sku) AS NumOccurrences
FROM catalog_product_entity
GROUP BY sku
HAVING 
COUNT(sku) > )

This example show you duplicates skus

Magento Community
Magento Community

liesegang

Total Posts:  23

the exception.log showed the following error

2010-02-20T18:16:47+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1062 Duplicate entry '295-0-1-696' for key 'PRIMARY'
Trace#0 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)
#3 /eshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)

This was just a little help because one could only guess which table was meant. So I walked through the indices and noticed that only table catalog_product_index_price contains a primary index over 4 columns which could be meant by ‘295-0-1-696’. The first field 295 referes to catalog_product_entity.entity_id. I then deleted the row with entity_id = 295 and the error did not occur again. The new price index could be created and the products showed up again in the frontend.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luis Simoes

I had fixed that problem a few days ago… everything seems fine in database. And still no products showing.

If i use the sitemap i can go to the products one by one although.

Wich code do you normally use for frontpage?

Also, i dont have products when i click the category link in menu. Anyone knows whats the page that its rendered to display category products?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

cjplotts

Total Posts:  20

I’ve been fighting with this too.  All of the Categories are not ‘attached’ to the products once I re-select a category and save the product shows up on the frontend.  I have over 20000 products in 210 categories so I don’t relish going one by one and fixing them.  But in looking over SQL dumps before and after changing the category I cannot see any real difference.  What differences I did notice I tried to duplicate by hand in MySql to no avail.  I have been populating by DB via SQL re-doing so is not fixing it either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

@Cjplotts

Are you also unable to re-index the product prices on the index management page in admin? I am pretty sure that is what is causing my problem, but I dont know how to fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cjplotts

@markf

Yup, Catalog Search Index too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cjplotts

And it locks out my Admin page once it fails.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

Turn on the exception log, might shed some light on where it fails.  Mine gave me this:

2010-02-23T19:25:59+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`allsncom_staging/catalog_product_index_tier_price`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INDEX_TIER_PRICE_ENTITY` FOREIGN KEY (`entity_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELE)
Trace: #0 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#3 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#4 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Indexer/Price.php(412): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’)
#5 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Indexer/Price.php(353): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Indexer_Price->_prepareTierPriceIndex()
#6 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(125): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Indexer_Price->reindexAll()
#7 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(139): Mage_Index_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#8 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(167): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#9 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Index/controllers/Adminhtml/ProcessController.php(124): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#10 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Index_Adminhtml_ProcessController->reindexProcessAction()
#11 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’reindexProcess’)
#12 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home/allsncom/public_html/staging/index.php(78): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#16 {main}

Still not sure how to take action on it, however.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

liesegang - 21 February 2010 10:25 AM

the exception.log showed the following error

2010-02-20T18:16:47+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception messageSQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1062 Duplicate entry '295-0-1-696' for key 'PRIMARY'
Trace#0 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)
#3 /eshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `ca...', Array)

This was just a little help because one could only guess which table was meant. So I walked through the indices and noticed that only table catalog_product_index_price contains a primary index over 4 columns which could be meant by ‘295-0-1-696’. The first field 295 referes to catalog_product_entity.entity_id. I then deleted the row with entity_id = 295 and the error did not occur again. The new price index could be created and the products showed up again in the frontend.

Hope this helps.

OMG, you saved my life. I activated debug and after see first line of exception.log I took my id, it was the 110. Product deleted, try to reindex product prices and voila, READY smile

Thanks a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community