Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

URL /checkout/onepage/saveMethod not found (404)

joao_opositivo

Total Posts:  6

Hello,

I’m facing an issue which never happened before and it\’s very strange. In admin area, I’ve set to don’t allow orders from guests and a registration is required. After click em “Proceed to checkout”, I see the login screen on the right and a button on the left to register for a new customer account. When I click on “Register” button, the tab “Billing Information” is loaded, however right after I’m being redirected to the cart. I looked at the console in Firebug and I could see the error below:

“NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost/deepocean/checkout/onepage/saveMethod/”

If I enable “allow orders as guest” this doesn’t happen, but I need to force the customer registration, I don’t have another option because it was requested by my client. I’m using the 1.7 version.

Did someone already see that issue? Is it a known bug from Magento? How to fix it?

Who can help, I’m grateful.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

idea_bank

Total Posts:  1

Okay, so I think this is fixed by setting “Require Customer To Be Logged In To Checkout” to No.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JavierM111

Total Posts:  1

Thanks you a lot for post the solution.

I had the same problem and your message was the solution.

Kind regards.
Javier

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community