Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CMS Pages - Add 10 Products from various categories…. 

wrist watches

Total Posts:  8
London, UK

Hi All,

Thanks for taking time to read my problem

Simple, I want to create a top 10 products page, but using a CMS page

1. Create a new CMS Page
2. Insert some copy for product 1 i.e. Top 1 out of 10 products, lorem epsom......
3. Insert some code, from which I can then list product 1.
4. Insert some copy for product 1 i.e. Top 2 out of 10 Insert some code
5. Insert some code, from which I can then list product 2.
and so on until 10.....

Ideally something like this : http://top10.watches.co.uk/

Please let me know if you can help, am sure this must be possible.....

I can add {{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="63" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}} to a cms page, but this shows the products in grid view and I am unable to add my own copy for each product.

Any help please grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Random products might be the answer. Do a search on how to call random products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cubix WS
Guru

Total Posts:  318
LondON, United Kingdom

Hi Wrist Watches

We are based in London as well and maybe we can help you in completing your project. All you need is to modify the list.phtml to show the required details for each product. Maybe you can drop us an email on with details about exactly what product details you would like to show below product and we’ll build it up for you.

Cheers

- Harshit

Magento Community
Magento Community

wrist watches

London, UK

Cubix Web Solutions - 12 February 2010 02:52 PM

Hi Wrist Watches

We are based in London as well and maybe we can help you in completing your project. All you need is to modify the list.phtml to show the required details for each product. Maybe you can drop us an email on with details about exactly what product details you would like to show below product and we’ll build it up for you.

Cheers

- Harshit

Hey Cubix,

Thanks for getting in touch, I’ll prove a brief this coming week and mail it over.  If you could then give me a quote would be greatly appreciated....

In summary, on a CMS page, I would like to be able to write some copy and insert some code to show a single product.  Ideally it should be based on the product ID.....hopefully that makes sense....Regarding the details of the product, I’d be happy if it was normal output as per a product page on my site (image, description, title, price, add to basket etc...) i.e. http://www.wristwatches.co.uk/ladies-watches/ladies-oasis-b834-watch.htm

Thanks

Shahid

Magento Community
Magento Community

wrist watches

London, UK

chinesedream - 12 February 2010 07:31 AM

Random products might be the answer. Do a search on how to call random products.

Random would not work for me as I wish to craft a manual top 10 list, so must be able to specify each product.....

Thanks for looking anyway grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Filter products anyway you want or even specify the SKU or select a category and add these products to the CMS pag. Have a Look at the Screen shots and try it yourself through the Demo
http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-add-products-to-cms.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community