Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search by Filter

kevinsmith

Total Posts:  9

Hi i am new to Magento but find it very good and quite simple to use, however, I was wonderinf if anyone knows of a plugin or bit of code that will allow my customers to Search by Filter?

What I mean by that is the type of search were you normally have a few dropdown boxes, for example;

If i was an Ink and toner company i might have, Maunufacturer, then Series/Type/Model, then printer name.

Here is an example on this website http://www.cartridgepeople.com/ As you can see there is a section to select your printer in the first dropdown box, when u select a manufacturer another box apears to chooser the series and then finally the last box not only allows you to select the printer model but takes you to the relevant page.

Does anyone know of such a plug in? is there one already in Magento?

Thanks for your help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community