Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I need 0 inventory and products to be considered IN STOCK

velocis

Total Posts:  8

I am building a site where most of the products will be drop-shipped, therefore I technically have zero inventory. If I leave it this way it always says it is out of stock.

Is there a way to disable inventory tracking so I don’t have to deal with artificial inventory levels?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

you can set products to “allow below 0 value” so that you can have “back orders” as such. You can also set it to show as instock in this senario i think...I found this by mistake last night...the best way to find it again for you would be to select (tick box) a couple of products and then use the “edit attribute” option (top right). Once on the ‘mass edit’ screen select “inventory” there should be the kinda thing you are talking about. If my memory serves me correct anyway...it was quite late.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community