Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Are there any good hosting that can run both Wordpress and Magento

ha_phuong_tam

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone,
I’m gonna open an online store selling Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories. I intend to run my store on Magento and build a blog on Wordpress for it.
Are there any hosting that supports both platforms?
Thanks for any suggestion

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

Hi,
As there are many store owners who want to run their store on Magento and build a Wordpress Blog for it, of course there will be many hostings support both platforms. I can name some: SiteGround, Nexcess, Properhost, BlueHost…
Most of these hostings support Magento + Wordpress installation within 1 click
You may take a look at this hosting review to pick a good one that fits your need
Top 5 Magento hosting review
Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

luly_luly_1010

Total Posts:  2

TutorialMagento - 09 December 2013 08:47 PM

Hi,
As there are many store owners who want to run their store on Magento and build a Wordpress Blog for it, of course there will be many hostings support both platforms. I can name some: SiteGround, Nexcess, Properhost, BlueHost…
You may take a look at this hosting review to pick a good one that fits your need
Hope this helps

I’m using SiteGround VPS hosting for my business, it works well. Previously I tried Hostgator but it failed, my web load very slowly when I install Magento on it

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

What complete nonsense, you cannot run Magento on Hostgator, Siteground of any of the other mass market hosts. Magento CE is designed for stores with revenue of $100,000/yr to $2million/yr, hosting should be 0.5-1% of revenue therefore the baseline is $50/mth like the SimpleHelix Pro plans (no affiliation but have used it in the past - we host on enterprise class architecture). Anything more than 3s page loads and you lose 56% of visitors, at $20/mth hosting you can expect revenue under $50,000, meaning a likely Gross Profit of $12,500/yr so basically no point in running the business. Realistically you need revenue of $250,000/yr and hosting around the $100-200/mth range to support it. These forums have become a breeding ground for mis-information and upselling, no wonder the number of Magento sites online is dropping. Any good Magento host will run WordPress alongside Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

domingocisma

Total Posts:  3

luly_luly_1010 - 17 December 2013 12:56 AM

TutorialMagento - 09 December 2013 08:47 PM
Hi,
Hope this helps

I’m using SiteGround VPS hosting for my business, it works well. Previously I tried Hostgator but it failed, my web load very slowly when I install Magento on it

Hostgator is not good for Magento, it’s optimized for Wordpress. Magento can still run on Shared hosting but we’d better upgrade to VPS as soon as possible

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community