Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

magento in full screen?? 

ttt2

Total Posts:  9

Is it possible at all for magento to display website in full screen?  I havn’t seen one magento site that render in full screen.  All of them are centered.  Can it be done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

It’s called fluid layout
1) change the columns’ widths to percentage instead of pixel
2) best to add a div container to wrap everything inside, then use ‘margin: 0 auto’ for the container.

#container {with: 100%; margin: 0 auto}

add body {text-align: center}

A note: it does take a bit of CSS skill and a lot of care to have the fluid layout done right so that it doesn’t fall into a usability pitfall.
The very common problem I see people using CSS styling for fluid layout is that when screen resize, the right column drops to the bottom - this is a NO NO!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ttt2

yep, my right column drops after resizing after tinkering with css.  Have to figure out how to use wrapper now :(.
Thanks for the info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ttt2

where did you put your wrapper?  I tried putting div in different places in 3columns.phtm but center and right block still drops when resize.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tony Montezuma

Total Posts:  4

I have the same problem.
What to solve?

Magento Community
Magento Community

suricate

Total Posts:  129
Brazil

try with min-width: pixel not percent in this case…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community