Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bottom Footer Blue Color still showing through

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I found the footer template and removed everything from it.  All the footer text disappeared, but the blue footer background is still there.  How do I get rid of this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

there are two classes down there, in boxes.css which affect its appearence.
..footer .informational
.footer .legality
I played with both of those quite a bit till I got it the way I wanted it. Not sure if that helps.  I tihk you are supposed to leave the legality one alone too, but not sure. License agreement etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

Where is the code which displays the footer css located?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcs107

Total Posts:  9

Hi, the css for the footer is locates in reset.css. You will find reset.css in skin/frontend/default/yourthemename/css

Magento Community
Magento Community

Caanan

Total Posts:  1

I think I know what you are asking is not the color in the footer container, the side bars/spacers around it, or the top bar, but the blue color that is showing up behind it (or as I found in IE with a full screen resolution) below the footer container.  I spent way too much time hunting for this, but did finally find it.

It is the “body_bg.gif” image file located in the skin\frontend\default\default\images directory.
This is loaded by the reset.css under the body section (~line 24). 
background:url(../images/body_bg.gif) repeat-y 50%..................

I overlooked this image because it looks like nothing but a thin line.  Once I changed it to the color I needed and re-uploaded it, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manu2008

Total Posts:  14

Thanks god for that Caanan...that was a real pain!
Thanks
manu

Magento Community
Magento Community

KhanArtist

Total Posts:  2

Caanan - 08 May 2008 12:53 PM

I think I know what you are asking is not the color in the footer container, the side bars/spacers around it, or the top bar, but the blue color that is showing up behind it (or as I found in IE with a full screen resolution) below the footer container.  I spent way too much time hunting for this, but did finally find it.

It is the “body_bg.gif” image file located in the skin\frontend\default\default\images directory.

I overlooked this image because it looks like nothing but a thin line.  Once I changed it to the color I needed and re-uploaded it, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

Wow, well done, this has plagued me! Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcescalante

Total Posts:  6

Caanan - 08 May 2008 12:53 PM

Hope this helps.

I Googled about 20 things and spent an hour looking for this, and here was the solution. Thanks :D

EDIT: the blue on the sides is still there… grrr. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcescalante

Total Posts:  6

Solved my own issue - the sides were inheriting the body color (which for some reason “Inspect Element” inside Chrome wasn’t identifying), so I just changed the color in styles.css for body, and that took care of the sides.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community