Magento Forum

Categories disappeared in admin panel

CRuth

Total Posts:  3

I created categories for my store and added a few products. Everything was going great, but when I went to add a product today I noticed there were no categories to select. I went to the manage categories screen and all the categories are gone.

When I view the store, the categories appear and the products are all listed in the proper categories - the categories seem to have just disappeared on the admin side?

I have:

--- Cleared all caches in admin
--- Manually deleted cache in /var/cache
--- Made sure the proper category was selected in “Manage Stores” (the category is “Products” - I guess that is correct? I can’t remember if I may have renamed the root category when I installed)

Anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CRuth

No one else has experienced this? I can’t figure out how the categories can exist on the front end but not on the back end..

Also, I can not add a new category now. I tried adding a new root category and nothing happens when I click save changes… ? When I hit “reset” the tabs are still visible, but everything else disappears - all of the form elements ??

Magento Community
Magento Community

CRuth

I found a solution to my problems:

Apparently, /js/extjs/ext-tree-checkbox.js lost its permissions. I reset to 644 and everything is working fine now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wannabe_geek

Total Posts:  41

Had the same problem, I just replaced the whole js folder to the remote site which worked for me, next time it happens I’ll know to change the permissions!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community