Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin-Panel broken after disable Fooman-Speedster Module? 

Lisa78

Total Posts:  19

Hallo,
i need some help!!!
For debugging i’ve disabled the Fooman-Speedster Module over Konfiguration-> Erweitert Disable Module.
After that my Admin-Panel is broken there are no design elements and all JS-Actions don’t work. So i can’t aktivate the Module over the Admin-Panel.

Is there any solution to aktivate the Module some where else? Database or Filesystem?

I’ve delete all Cache and also the Browser-Cache and the var/minifycache too......

Lisa

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Hmm - the documentation for the module states

Don’t disable the output of Fooman_Speedster under Configuration > Advanced - it will make your site unusable. To uninstall either use Magento Connect or edit /app/etc/modules/Fooman_Speedster.xml (change true to false).

Maybe you should glance through the troubleshooting thread here
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/29725/
It looks like fooman is quite helpful - maybe he can help you fix your issue (if it is not mentioned in the thread already).

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lisa78

Total Posts:  19

Jes, that was the Hint i need.
-Set /app/etc/modules/Fooman_Speedster.xml to false.
-Clear all Cache and the var/minifycache over ssh and also the Browser-Cache
-Goto admin and enable the Module over Configuration > Advanced.

-> everything works fine again.

Claudia, thanks for the fast help.

Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulTurner

Total Posts:  1

I was so relieved to find this thread after breaking a customer’s store after doing exactly what Lisa did. I was frantically searching Google when I came across it. Just a little more information which I had to look up:

Login to your Magento installation via SSH or FTP and delete all subdirectories under var/cache directory

Do the same for var/minifycache, although they are files and not sub-folders in there and have pretty long names! I began to wish I had used FTP and not SSH!

It worked perfectly though and saved me hours of worry, so thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community