Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Grouped Products and Associated Products

mdumka

Total Posts:  56

Hello ...

I have attached my Associated Products to a grouped product ... but Associated Products are being displayed in the order from last entered. or ID from high to low.

Now in the grouped product tutorial ... it says you can order the products by using the position field. This is not working for me. Any one else encounter this problem?

Also ... All the products I associate with that grouped product show up in the front end but when I add one to the cart it says I have nothing in may cart ... continue shopping. When I open one of the associated products in the backend and save it ... it works fine.

After looking at an export of my products ... the reason is there is no url-path being generated ... seems like a big part to mis on import ... or to have to manually create in a CSV file. Has anyone found any workarounds to this?

Thanks

Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ryckezas

Total Posts:  14

I have the same problem with positioning associated products..?
Did anyone find the solution for that problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Mine works fine. I do it in the Category setup area?  Is that where you do it? There is a products tab there and you can order them there.  Works for me. There was an early version where it wasn’t working, are you up to date?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryckezas

Total Posts:  14

works fine in category for me too, but does not work in frontend my grouped product’s related products position, if in backend I add position to related products nothings happens in frontpage. There is no column possition :/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivansao

Total Posts:  13

Well, I am with the same problem, I would like to order my associated products in my grouped product frontend display. it seems like these are being ordered by name.
It is possible to assign a new ordering?
Thanks for your support.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community